Jekka's Grow At Home Spring Herb Kit
Jekka's KitRegular price £16.00
- Jekka's Growing Herb Tips
Jekka's grow at home spring herb kit is all you need to start growing and using herbs for this spring, Jekka has selected her favourite herbs to start the year; just add love and water. Perfect for children and adults alike.
At Jekka's we believe herbs are the most wonderfully diverse and useful plants, coming in all shapes and sizes, textures, colours, perfumes and uses. Not only do they turn a meal into a feast but a simple herb infusion can ease tension and lift the spirits.
We wish everyone to enjoy herbs and have developed this kit as a good starting point. It contains Jekka's special hand-mixed seedling compost as well as 5 packets of our seeds.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
Subscribe and save with Jekka’s Grow at Home Subscription
The perfect gift!
Jekka's grow at home herb kit contains the following 5 individual packets of culinary herb seeds:
- Pot Marigold (Calendula officinalis) petals were used by the Romans as the poor man's saffron. It has a slight peppery taste and will add a light tangy flavour to bread and soups as well as scones.
- Parsley (Petroselinum): is a hardy biennial that can be grown in a container. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish. It is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion.
- Welsh Onion (Allium fistulosum): A perennial member of the Onion family and stronger flavoured than the white type, Welsh onion takes up very little space and can be used as both a vegetable and a Herb.
- Red Orach (Atriplex hortensis var. rubra): the attractive dark red leaves can be eaten in salads raw when young or you can cook mature leaves like spinach. Seeds can be used to make bread.
- Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana): very aromatic, pale green, soft, oval leaves with an excellent flavour that combines well with meat, tomatoes and pasta.
Jekka’s grow at home herb kit contains:
- 5 fibre pots – environmentally friendly, peat free, biodegradable pots*;
- Compost – Jekka’s hand-made special seedling mix, which is organic (though not certified), vegan and peat free;
- Perlite – for covering the seeds;
- 5 packets of seeds – our untreated seeds that can be used to grow organic herb plants;
- 5 labels – recycled lollypop sticks;
- An introductory guide.
Jekka's grow at home herb kits can be followed on by Jekka's "Grow On" Kit - 1 ltr pots unless you wish to plant them straight out.
Try Jekka's Grow At Home Subscription to regularly receive the joy of herbs through one of our culinary herb seed kits or a gift.
*Fibre pot shape might differ to those in product image.
To help you get the best out of Jekka's Grow At Home Herb Kits, watch Jekka's video below where she sows herb seeds into the biodegradable pots. Get growing herbs with Jekka's!
Following our root of being ‘green, environmentally friendly and sustainable', we use eco-kraft boxes that are FSC approved and do not use any plastic in the posting of our products.
All our orders are dispatched with a standard delivery note, which includes addresses and items ordered but no prices. We will also include any gift note you have written at check-out.
"I would like to thank the person who packed my box of seeds, it was so carefully sealed with tape in the most exact and neat way I have ever received a packet or parcel! Amazing! They deserve a gold star."
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout. You can collect your orders any weekday between 8:30 am and 4 pm.
Postage, apart from our Culinary Herb Boxes, is by Royal Mail.
Free standard postage in the UK for orders over £75 (inc. VAT).
For orders to be delivered outside the UK, we strongly advise checking with your local customs office prior to placing the order online. Please note, for seed orders, our seeds have UK Plant Passports and carry the information required by the UK’s seed marketing regulations. However, we do not issue phytosanitary (health) certificates (PC). International orders are placed at your (the customers) risk.
To track your order, please select the 'Tracked' option at checkout.
For our delivery and returns information please see:
Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.