Private guided tours around Jekka’s Herbetum
We have welcome many visitors to the Herbetum, not only from the UK but also from all over the world including Singapore, Australia, America and Japan.
Your visit consists of a guided 45 min - 1 hour tour of Jekka's Herbetum hosted by either Jekka McVicar or one of our Senior Horticulturists.
After the tour your group will be offered light refreshments of homemade cakes, herbal teas and coffee. Alternatively, we can offer a light herb-based lunch, please just specify on the enquiry form.
You then have the opportunity to purchase herb plants from our vast collection or one of Jekka’s books from our farm shop. The entire visit lasts approximately 2 hours.
Booking a group visit
We generally host the tours on a on a Tuesday afternoon (2 - 4 pm) but we are able to accommodate tours on different weekdays and in the morning if preferred. After submitting the form below we will email with confirmation of availability.
The cost for a group of up to 20 people is £400* (plus VAT) for light refreshments of herbal infusion/tea/coffee and homemade cake with additional members costing £20* (plus VAT) per person up to 30 people. If you wish to have a light herb-based lunch it costs £500* (plus VAT) and is limited to 20 people.
Thornbury Tangent had a wonderful tour. Everyone was amazed at the great variety of the various herbs and learnt so much. We all had a very enjoyable time and it was a great opportunity to buy some more interesting herb plants! The various types of tea were amazing and, as for the cakes, what more need I say!
- Viv (Chairman), Thornbury
Terms and Conditions
- Provisional booking reservations are held for 2 weeks. To secure a reservation we require a £50* (plus VAT; £60 gross) deposit. The final payment is required at least 30 days prior to the visit.
- Deposits and payments can be paid by BACS (bank transfer), card or cheque. For BACS and card, please include an email address on the enquiry form. For cheques, please address to Jekka's Ltd and send to Jekka's, Shellards Lane, Alveston, BS35 3SY.
- Please note that once payment has been taken, no refunds can be given.
- These events need to be booked in advance and are subject to the availability of Jekka or a Senior Horticulturist.
- *Prices exclude VAT at 20%. (i.e. A group visit up to 20 people is £480 gross, additional people are £24 each gross and a group visit with a herb-based lunch is £600 gross).
- For our full terms and conditions please see here.