Calendula officinalis Fiesta Gitana Group
Calendula officinalis Fiesta Gitana Group, Marigold Fiesta Gitana
Large daisy like orange/yellow double flowers throughout the season until the first frosts. Lance-shaped, slightly hairy, green leaves. Culinary; use flower petals in salads, both fruit and savory.
• Hardiness: H3 (1 to -5C)
• Type: Annual
• Height: up to 35cm
• Spread: up to 35cm
• Soil type: Sand, Chalk, Loam, Free Draining
• pH: Universal pH
• Habit: Upright
• Flowering colour: Orange, Yellow
• Flowering time: Summer
• Uses: Culinary & Medicinal
• Attracts pollinators: Yes
• Container suitability: Yes
• UK native: No
• Caution: N/A
• Indoor Sowing: In autumn or spring, into prepared plug trays or direct into pots, cover with perlite. If sown in autumn, winter in a cold frame.
• Outdoor Sowing: In late spring, when the soil has warm, into a prepared site. Thin seedlings to 30cm apart.
• Propagation: N/A
• Maintenance: N/A
• Harvest: N/A
Jekka's "How to Grow It" videos, includes Jekka's video on how to sow seeds for an informative step-by-step guide to seed sowing.
One of our three core roots is that we are Environmentally Conscious and for the past 30 years all the herbs grown at Jekka’s have been raised following sustainable, environmentally friendly and organic approaches resulting in a remarkable biodiversity at the herb farm.
Our herb seeds are also untreated and can be used to grow organic herb plants.