Jekka's Winter Essential Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Being released for sale on the 7th November. Sign up to our newsletter to avoid missing out.
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Winter Essential Collection is the ideal gift or treat for your garden and kitchen.
Jekka has selected a range of herbs that will provide some winter colour and flavour to your garden and kitchen. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card that you can try as well as some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for Christmas, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK.
Due to popular demand next (and final) delivery will be after the 6th December.
Jekka's Winter Essential Collection contains:
- French Parsley (Petroselinum crispum ‘French’) that is a hardy biennial that is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish.
- Lavender Pale Pretender (Lavandula x intermedia 'Pale Pretender') that forms a large elegant lavender bush with long spikes of pale mauve flowers and narrow, grey green, aromatic foliage.
- Rosemary Foxtail (Salvia rosmarinus 'Foxtail') that is an upright arching rosemary that has short, dark green, needle shaped leaves with silver underside which makes a very attractive habit.
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) that is a beautiful evergreen perennial from the Lamiaceae family. Sage has highly aromatic, grey, textured leaves.
All herbs at Jekka's are grown for the British climate following organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
Along with Jekka’s recipes from Jekka's Cook Book, we have partnered with Leiths School of Food & Wine to provide some seasonal recipes to try with the herbs in Jekka’s Christmas Collection. Find these online in our herb-based recipe section:
- French Parsley (Petroselinum crispum ‘French’) is for flavour not just a garnish. It has lovely clean slightly earthy, peppery flavour that brightens the taste of other foods and herbs. We love Jekka's Version of Panna that is wonderful as a dip or served on oat cakes.
- Lavender Pale Pretender (Lavandula x intermedia 'Pale Pretender') flowers and leaves can both be used in cooking. Add sparingly to stews and to flavour sugar for use in puddings and baking. Try Jekka’s Lavender Oat Cake Recipe.
- Rosemary Foxtail (Salvia rosmarinus 'Foxtail') has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. Simply infuse a couple of sprigs in water and serve over ice for a refreshing summer drink.
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) has edible flowers and leaves. The leaves can be used with rice, vegetables and meat dishes. As a winter party treat, try Jekka’s Sage and Fennel Sausage Rolls. You can also make a refreshing sage herbal infusion.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
There is also ‘Jekka’s Seasonal Tips’ series that covers growing and maintaining herbs in early spring, late spring, summer and autumn & winter. Together they form Jekka’s guide on how to grow herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
For more information on growing herbs plants please see Jekkapedia, Jekka's blog or our FAQs page.
Jekka's Winter Essential Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on email@example.com for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.