For the perfect afternoon’s treat serve Jekka’s Lavender Oat Cakes with a cup of tea or a herbal infusion along with a bowl of clotted cream and fresh fruits, especially raspberries.
This recipe goes along with the herbs in our Jekka's Evergreen & Perennial Collection Herb Boxes.
Makes approx. 12 biscuits
- 75 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing;
- 75 g self-raising flour;
- 75 g porridge oats;
- 75 g sugar;
- 1 tbsp golden syrup;
- 1 tbsp milk;
- 1 tsp lavender leaves, removed from the stem and finely chopped;
- 1 tsp of lavender flowers, removed from the flowering spike and left whole.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the oats, sugar and mix well.
- In a small pan, over a low heat, melt the butter with the syrup and milk and stir until well amalgamated.
- Add the flour, oats, sugar and lavender leaves to the small pan and mix well;
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lavender flowers.
- Place a tablespoonful of mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and shape into rounds, leaving a space between each.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 10 -15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Lift and place on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Wish to learn more about Lavender? See Jekka's Guide to Lavender.