Jekka's Winter Culinary Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Being released for sale on the 7th November. Sign up to our newsletter to avoid missing out.
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Winter Culinary Collection is the ideal gift or treat for your garden and kitchen.
Jekka has selected a range of evergreen herbs that will provide some Christmas colour and flavour to your garden and kitchen. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card that you can try as well as some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for Christmas, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK.
Due to popular demand next (and final) delivery will be after the 6th December.
Jekka's Winter Culinary Collection contains:
- Jekka’s Thyme (Thymus ‘Jekka’) which is our most popular Thyme on the herb farm, valued by both cooks and gardeners. It forms a dense dark green mat covered in small pink flowers.
- Lavender Munstead (Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead') that is a compact Lavender from the Lamiaceae family that grows to 45cm and has short spikes of mid blue flowers.
- Rosemary Golden Variegated (Salvia rosmarinus 'Aurea') which is an attractive Rosemary with short, dark green variegated needles covered in gold splashes.
- Winter Tarragon (Tagetes lucida), the winter form of Tarragon, that is actually from the Marigold family. It comes up as French Tarragon dies down and gets covered in small clusters of golden flowers.
All herbs at Jekka's are grown for the British climate following organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
Along with Jekka’s recipes from Jekka's Cook Book, we have partnered with Leiths School of Food & Wine to provide some seasonal recipes to try with the herbs in Jekka’s Christmas Collection. Find these online in our herb-based recipe section:
- Jekka’s Thyme (Thymus ‘Jekka’) is such a useful herb in the kitchen, the flavour of thyme is gentle, pepper, mint, with slightly bitter notes and it compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Try a Thyme, Taleggio and Red Onion Tart for some lovely comfort food.
- Lavender Munstead (Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead') flowers and leaves can both be used in cooking. Add sparingly to stews and to flavour sugar for use in puddings and baking. Try Jekka’s Lavender Oat Cake Recipe.
- Rosemary Golden Variegated (Salvia rosmarinus 'Aurea') has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. It has many culinary uses including: roast vegetables, meat, especially lamb, casseroles and baked fish.
- Winter Tarragon (Tagetes lucida) has strongly aniseed flavour, mid green toothed leaves. Try Jekka’s Vegan Herb Popcorn as a wonderful festival treat; perfect for a Christmas party or just curled up in front of the TV.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Winter Culinary Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.