Jekka's Perennial Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Perennial Collection is the ideal gift or treat for your garden and kitchen.
Jekka has selected a range of perennial herbs that are not the usual herbs you would find and are some of her rarer culinary herbs. They will all look attractive in the garden or a pot providing flavour to many dishes. We have included a recipe card that you can try as well as some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the Autumn, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Delivery by courier and only for delivery in the UK.
Jekka's Perennial Collection contains:
- French Lavender (Lavandula stoechas), which is an aromatic dwarf Lavender with narrow, greyish leaves, and bears dense, oval heads of small purple flowers topped with with a tuft of purple bracts.
- Desert Mint (Mentha longifolia subsp. Schimperi), which is the true Moroccan Mint for making a flavoursome herbal infusion.
- Myrtle Pyewood Park (Myrtus communis 'Pyewood Park') that forms an attractive evergreen shrub whose leaves are culinary like bay. It has beautiful fragrant white flowers with golden stamens, followed by black/blue berries.
- Cretan Thyme (Thymus caespititius) that is a mat-forming Thyme with small, narrow, bright green, pine resin scented leaves leaves. It gets covered in small pink flowers.
All herbs at Jekka's are grown for the British climate following organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
Along with Jekka’s recipes from Jekka's Cook Book, we have partnered with Leiths School of Food & Wine to provide some seasonal recipes to try with the herbs in Jekka’s Perennial Collection. Find these online in our herb-based recipe section:
- Lavender (Lavandula) has a strong, sometimes overpowering, floral flavour and is extremely good infused in sugar for making cakes, biscuits and puddings. Try Jekka's Lavender Oat Cake Recipe.
- Mint (Mentha) will make a flavourful herbal infusion as well as helping to stimulate the digestive process. Furthermore, a tea will ease bloating and painful cramps caused by indigestion. See Jekka's recipe for the perfect Mint Tea / Herbal Infusion.
- Myrtle (Myrtus) leaves are culinary like bay. The best flavour leaves appear in mid-summer and have a warm, spicy, slightly bitter aromatic flavour that can overpower a meal, but when mastered can transform soups, casseroles, stews and meat dishes into feasts. The berries have a dry, spicy flavour that are used as a spice in the middle east or can be used to make wonderful chutneys; like Jekka's Myrtle berry, apple and walnut chutney.
- Thyme (Thymus) is such a useful herb in the kitchen, the flavour of thyme is gentle, pepper, mint, with slightly bitter notes it a ‘must-have’ in the kitchen and it compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Try a Thyme, Taleggio and Red Onion Tart for some lovely comfort food.
At Jekka’s our herbs established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are designed to be grown in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Perennial Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Courier delivery - £10 post and packing added at checkout
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK are added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.