Jekka's Grow At Home Herb Salad Kit
Jekka's KitRegular price £16.00
- Jekka's Growing Herb Tips
Jekka's grow at home herb salad kit is our new kit and all you need to start growing and using herbs and vegetables in your kitchen; just add love and water. Perfect for children and adults alike.
At Jekka's we believe herbs are the most wonderfully diverse and useful plants, coming in all shapes and sizes, textures, colours, perfumes and uses. Not only do they turn a meal into a feast but a simple herb infusion can ease tension and lift the spirits.
As mentioned in Jekka's guide to culinary herbs, in the past, vegetables were herbs. The word vegetable, meaning a plant grown for food, was not derived until the 17th century. Previously edible plants were all known as 'Pot Herbs,' referring to the cooking pot over the open fire not, as commonly believed, that they are grown in a pot.
We wish everyone to enjoy herbs and have developed this kit as a good starting point. It contains Jekka's special hand-mixed seedling compost as well as 5 packets of our seeds.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
Subscribe and save with Jekka’s Grow at Home Subscription
The perfect gift!
Jekka's grow at home herb kit contains the following 5 individual packets of culinary herb seeds:
- Jekka's Salad Herb Mix: one of Jekka's salad mixes to make a tasty "cut and come again" crop.
- Mizuna (Brassica rapa var. japonica): Green serrated leaves that are good in stir-fry dishes and salads.
- Red Frills Mustard (Brassica juncea 'Red Frills'): Attractive dark red, narrow indented leaves with a mild mustard flavour.
- Red Lettuce (Lactuca sativa 'Batavian Red'): The leaves look great in salads or wilted and used as a vegetable.
- Salad Onion (Allium cepa 'Rossa da Inverno Sel Rubino'): An attractive red onion for salads with a pleasant mild flavour.
Jekka’s grow at home herb kit contains:
- 5 fibre pots – environmentally friendly, peat free, biodegradable pots*;
- Compost – Jekka’s hand-made special seedling mix, which is organic (though not certified), vegan and peat free;
- Perlite – for covering the seeds;
- 5 packets of seeds – our untreated seeds that can be used to grow organic herb plants;
- 5 labels – recycled lollypop sticks;
- An introductory guide.
Jekka's grow at home herb kits can be followed on by Jekka's "Grow On" Kit - 1 ltr pots unless you wish to plant them straight out.
Try Jekka's Grow At Home Subscription to regularly receive the joy of herbs through one of our culinary herb seed kits or a gift.
*Fibre pot shape might differ to those in product image.
To help you get the best out of Jekka's Grow At Home Herb Kits, watch Jekka's video below where she sows herb seeds into the biodegradable pots. Get growing herbs with Jekka's!
Following our root of being ‘green, environmentally friendly and sustainable', we use eco-kraft boxes that are FSC approved and do not use any plastic in the posting of our products.
All our orders are dispatched with a standard delivery note, which includes addresses and items ordered but no prices. We will also include any gift note you have written at check-out.
"I would like to thank the person who packed my box of seeds, it was so carefully sealed with tape in the most exact and neat way I have ever received a packet or parcel! Amazing! They deserve a gold star."
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout. You can collect your orders any weekday between 8:30 am and 4 pm.
Postage, apart from our Culinary Herb Boxes, is by Royal Mail.
Free standard postage in the UK for orders over £75 (inc. VAT).
For orders to be delivered outside the UK, we strongly advise checking with your local customs office prior to placing the order online. Please note, for seed orders, our seeds have UK Plant Passports and carry the information required by the UK’s seed marketing regulations. However, we do not issue phytosanitary (health) certificates (PC).
To track your order, please select the 'Tracked' option at checkout.
For our delivery and returns information please see:
Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.