Jekka's Grow At Home Autumn Herb Kit
Jekka's KitRegular price £16.00
Jekka's grow at home autumn herb kit is all you need to start growing and using herbs for this autumn and winter; just add love and water. Perfect for children and adults alike.
At Jekka's we believe herbs are the most wonderfully diverse and useful plants, coming in all shapes and sizes, textures, colours, perfumes and uses. Not only do they turn a meal into a feast but a simple herb infusion can ease tension and lift the spirits.
We wish everyone to enjoy herbs and have developed this kit as a good starting point. It contains Jekka's special hand-mixed seedling compost as well as 5 packets of our seeds.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
Subscribe and save with Jekka’s Grow at Home Subscription
The perfect gift!
Jekka's grow at home herb kit contains the following 5 individual packets of culinary herb seeds:
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum): one of the most used herbs. Both the leaves and ripe seeds are edible and they have two distinct flavours; the seeds are warmly aromatic and the leaves have an earthy pungency.
- Jekka's Salad Herb Mix: one of Jekka's salad mixes to make a tasty "cut and come again" crop.
- Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium): a wonderful culinary herb with light green, feathery, slightly anise flavoured leaves.
- Fennel (Foeniculum): a hardy herbaceous perennial, which works equally as well in ornamental borders as it does as a culinary herb.
- Winter Purslane (Claytonia perfoliata): also known as miner's lettuce, the whole plant is edible it tastes quite like spinach and is full of vitamin C.
Jekka’s grow at home herb kit contains:
- 5 fibre pots – environmentally friendly, peat free, biodegradable pots*;
- Compost – Jekka’s hand-made special seedling mix, which is organic (though not certified), vegan and peat free;
- Perlite – for covering the seeds;
- 5 packets of seeds – our untreated seeds that can be used to grow organic herb plants;
- 5 labels – recycled lollypop sticks;
- An introductory guide
Jekka's grow at home herb kits can be followed on by Jekka's "Grow On" Kit - 1 ltr pots unless you wish to plant them straight out.
Try Jekka's Grow At Home Subscription to regularly receive the joy of herbs through one of our culinary herb seed kits or a gift.
*Fibre pot shape might differ to those in product image.
Following our root of being ‘green, environmentally friendly and sustainable', we use eco-kraft boxes that are FSC approved and do not use any plastic in the posting of our products.
All our orders are dispatched with a standard delivery note, which includes addresses and items ordered but no prices. We will also include any gift note you have written at check-out.
"I would like to thank the person who packed my box of seeds, it was so carefully sealed with tape in the most exact and neat way I have ever received a packet or parcel! Amazing! They deserve a gold star."
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout. You can collect your orders any weekday between 8:30 am and 4 pm.
Postage, apart from our Culinary Herb Boxes, is by Royal Mail.
Free standard postage in the UK for orders over £75 (inc. VAT).
For orders to be delivered outside the UK, we strongly advise checking with your local customs office prior to placing the order online. Please note, for seed orders, our seeds have UK Plant Passports and carry the information required by the UK’s seed marketing regulations. However, we do not issue phytosanitary (health) certificates (PC).
To track your order, please select the 'Tracked' option at checkout.
For our delivery and returns information please see:
Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.