Jekka's Fresh Mint Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Fresh Mint Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of different mints that will provide some fresh flavour to your garden and kitchen. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots. We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs. Please note, for mints, it is advisable to grow them on separately in larger pots as they are invasive and will lose their unique identity when planted together.
Our herbs are not just for Spring, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK.
Jekka's Fresh Mint Collection contains:
- Bowles’s Mint (Mentha x villosa var. alopecuroides ‘Bowles’s mint’) has large, round, hairy, soft green leaves with small pale mauve flowers in terminal cylindrical spikes.
- Chocolate Mint (Mentha x piperita f.citrata 'Chocolate') is a wonderful peppermint with dark brown, oval and pointed leaves combined with small mauve flowers both terminal and whorls.
- Corsican Mint (Mentha requienii), also known as rock mint, is an intensely smelling, mat-forming mint with tiny purple flowers. Suitable for paved paths or a rock garden.
- Tashkent Mint (Mentha spicata 'Tashkent') is one of our favourite spearmints with mid-green, lance oval shaped and wrinkled leaves.
You can read more about mints in Jekka's Guide to Mints.
Along with Jekka’s recipes from Jekka's Cook Book, we have provided some seasonal recipes to try with the herbs in Jekka’s Fresh Mint Collection at our online herb-based recipe section:
- Bowles’s Mint (Mentha x villosa var. alopecuroides ‘Bowles’s mint’) the soft leaves of this delicious mint are great for making sauces and jellies. It has acquired the reputation as the ‘connoisseur’s culinary mint’.
- Chocolate Mint (Mentha x piperita f.citrata 'Chocolate') has dark brown, peppermint scented and flavoured leaves with deep chocolate undertones making it great in puddings; try Jekka's Chocolate Mint Mousse.
- Corsican Mint (Mentha requienii) is not a mint we would use for culinary purposes just enjoy it for its wonderful scent.
- Tashkent Mint (Mentha spicata 'Tashkent') has an excellent Spearmint flavour that is great with potatoes and for sauces. The leaves also make a great mint tea, either hot or cold. Read Jekka's blog on how to make the perfect mint infusion.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
There is also ‘Jekka’s Seasonal Tips’ series that covers growing and maintaining herbs in early spring, late spring, summer and autumn & winter. Together they form Jekka’s guide on how to grow herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
For more information on growing herbs plants please see Jekkapedia, Jekka's blog or our FAQs page.
Jekka's Fresh Mint Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.