Jekka’s delicious chocoholic recipe for Mother’s Day.
This recipe goes along with the herbs in Jekka's Fresh Mint Collection Herb Box.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 100 g plain chocolate
- 2 eggs, separated and at room temperature
- 1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- 1 tsp freshly chopped chocolate mint and 4 whole mint leaves for decoration
- Whipped cream to serve
- Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or in a double saucepan (bain-marie) until smooth and liquid.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the chocolate whilst hot.
- Add coffee and chopped mint.
- Leave the mixture to cool and infuse for 15 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites (not too stiff) and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into serving glasses.
- To serve, add whipped cream and mint leaves to garnish.