Jekka's Evergreen Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Evergreen Collection is the ideal gift or treat for your garden and kitchen.
Jekka has selected a range of evergreen herbs that will provide Autumnal structure, fragrance and flavour to your garden and kitchen. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card that you can try as well as some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the Autumn, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Delivery by courier and only for delivery in the UK.
Jekka's Evergreen Collection contains:
Lavender Willow Vale (Lavandula 'Willow Vale' ) that has narrow, short, green grey aromatic leaves with a large flower head topped with purple bracts.
- Oregano (Origanum) which has small white tubular flowers combined with oval, slightly hairy and aromatic leaves.
- Rosemary Beneden Blue (Rosmarinus officinalis var. angustissimus 'Beneden Blue') that has short, fine, dark green, needle-shaped, aromatic leaves and a great culinary flavour.
- Broad Leaved Thyme (Thymus pulegioides) which is a mat-forming Thyme with small, oval, dark green leaves that are easy to remove from the stems.
All herbs at Jekka's are grown for the British climate following organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- Lavender (Lavandula) has a strong, sometimes overpowering, floral flavour and is extremely good infused in sugar for making cakes, biscuits and puddings. Try Jekka's Lavender Oat Cake Recipe.
- Oregano (Origanum) has wonderful strong tasting, slightly spicy and pungent leaves, Oregano is an important herb in Italian, Greek and Mexican cooking. As the weather turns colder nothing is more soothing than a tasty bowl of Roast Tomato and Oregano Soup.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus) has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. It has many culinary uses including: roast vegetables, meat, especially lamb, casseroles and baked fish. It is also lovely in this fragrant teatime cake recipe where we see it’s pine and floral notes shine through to perfectly compliment the orange; try this Rosemary and Orange Olive Oil Cake.
- Thyme (Thymus) is such a useful herb in the kitchen, the flavour of thyme is gentle, pepper, mint, with slightly bitter notes it a ‘must-have’ in the kitchen and it compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Try a Thyme, Taleggio and Red Onion Tart for some lovely comfort food.
At Jekka’s our herbs established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are designed to be grown in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Evergreen Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing added at checkout
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on email@example.com for any questions or queries.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.