Jekka's Easter Perennial Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Easter Perennial Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of different perennials that will provide some fresh flavour to your garden and kitchen. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for Easter, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be after the 29th March.
Jekka's Easter Perennial Collection contains:
- Dartmoor Thyme (Thymus 'Dartmoor') is a perennial, mat forming Thyme from the Lamiaceae family. It has terminal clusters of small mauve flowers and oval, grey/green, small leaves covered in white hairs on both surfaces.
- Gold Sage (Salvia officinalis 'Icterina’) is a beautiful evergreen perennial from the Lamiaceae family. Gold Sage has highly aromatic, variegated gold, green and grey, textured leaves.
- Lavender Munstead (Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead') is a compact Lavender from the Lamiaceae family that grows to 45cm and has short spikes of mid blue flowers.
- Traditional Garden Mint (Mentha sativa) is a hardy Herbaceous perennial with spearmint scented and flavoured leaves. As with the other herbs in this collection, it is also from the Lamiaceae family.
- Dartmoor Thyme (Thymus 'Dartmoor') is such a useful herb in the kitchen, the flavour of Thyme is gentle, pepper, mint and slightly bitter. Sprigs of Thyme are good in stocks, marinades, stews and stuffings.
- Gold Sage (Salvia officinalis 'Icterina’) has edible flowers and leaves. The leaves can be used with rice, vegetables and meat dishes. You can also make a refreshing sage herbal infusion. Read all about Herbal Infusions in Jekka's guide.
- Lavender Munstead (Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead') flowers and leaves can both be used in cooking. Add sparingly to stews and to flavour sugar for use in puddings and baking. Try Jekka’s Lavender Oat Cake Recipe.
- Traditional Garden Mint (Mentha sativa) is a great Mint for sauces and to cook with vegetables. Try Jekka’s Mint sauce recipe for your Easter Lunch. The leaves also make a good summer cold Mint tea. Read Jekka's blog on how to make the perfect mint infusion.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Easter Perennial Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.