Jekka's Easter Essential Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Available for sale from the 20th March at 3pm. Sign up to our newsletter to avoid missing out!
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Easter Essential Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of herbs that will provide some colour and flavour to your garden and kitchen this Easter. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for Easter, and with careful care these herbs will give you flavour to savour through the seasons.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be in the week commencing the 4th April.
Jekka's Easter Essential Collection contains:
- Borage (Borago officinalis) that is an attractive annual with mid green, oval, bristly, slightly succulent leaves. The beautiful star shaped blue flowers are wonderful for your garden bees and pollinators.
- Moroccan Mint (Mentha spicata var. crispa 'Moroccan') that is one of our favourite spearmints with small white flowers, mid-green, lance oval shaped and wrinkled leaves.
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) that is a classic hardy biennial herb that is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish.
- Rosemary Blue Rain (Salvia rosmarinus 'Blue Rain') that is a prostrate spreading Rosemary with striking small pale blue flower and short, dark green, needle-shaped, aromatic leaves.
Along with Jekka’s recipes from Jekka's Cook Book, we have provided some seasonal recipes to try with the herbs in Jekka’s Easter Essential Collection at our online herb-based recipe section:
- Borage (Borago officinalis) is not only a favourite for bees but also has culinary uses, its flowers can be used in drinks and are often found in ice cubes in your summer Pimms. They are also a wonderful decoration for canapes and salads. The young leaves can be used in salads and soups.
- Moroccan Mint (Mentha spicata var. crispa 'Moroccan') is a great Mint for sauces and to cook with vegetables. Try Jekka’s Mint sauce recipe for your Easter Lunch. The leaves also make a good summer cold Mint tea. Read Jekka's blog on how to make the perfect mint infusion.
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) is for flavour not just a garnish. It has lovely clean slightly earthy, peppery flavour that brightens the taste of other foods and herbs. We love making Jekka's Pistachio and Feta Herb Dip that works well with many herbs, especially Parsley. Serve as a dip or as a simple meal folded into pasta.
- Rosemary Blue Rain (Salvia rosmarinus 'Blue Rain') has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. It has many culinary uses including: roast vegetables, meat, especially lamb, casseroles and baked fish.
If you love the sounds of this recipe and herb-based cooking check out Jekka's Herb Cookbook, our Food Master Classes and Herb-Based Recipes.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
There is also ‘Jekka’s Seasonal Tips’ series that covers growing and maintaining herbs in early spring, late spring, summer and autumn & winter. Together they form Jekka’s guide on how to grow herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
For more information on growing herbs plants please see Jekkapedia, Jekka's blog or our FAQs page.
Jekka' herb box collections contain:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on email@example.com for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.