This is a delicious fresh dip that is a frequent star of our Master Class lunches and has been inspired by Sabina Ghayour’s book Persiana.
- 100g shelled pistachio nuts
- 75 ml olive oil
- 300g feta cheese
- 2 handfuls of herbs depending on availability (parsley, coriander, dill, chives or mint)
- 3 tbsp of Greek yogurt (enough for the desired consistency)
- Finely grated rind of one lemon and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove peeled and germ removed
- Sea salt to taste
- Whiz the pistachio nuts and oil in a food processor for 30 seconds.
- Add the feta, herbs and crushed garlic, lemon rind and juice and blitz the ingredients for about 1 minute.
- Add the Greek yogurt until the mixture has a nice rustic texture.
- Taste the dip and season with just a touch of sea salt or lemon juice, if desired. Remember that the feta is quite salty already.
- Serve either with pasta, as a dip or with bread, such as Jekka's Rosemary Spelt Bread.
If you love the sounds of this recipe and herb-based cooking check out our Master Classes.