Jekka's Connoisseurs Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £35.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Available to buy from Sunday 3rd October 2021.
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Connoisseurs Collection is the ultimate Christmas gift or treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of different herbs that will provide some fresh flavour to your garden and kitchen. All the herbs in Jekka's Connoisseurs Collections are ideal to be grown in pots, either just outside the kitchen door or on your balcony for easy reach as the weather turns.
These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the Autumn, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be after the 11th October.
Jekka's Connoisseurs Collection contains:
- Bay (Laurus nobilis) that is an attractive evergreen, ornamental and culinary herb. Known for its oval and dark green leaves but it also has small pale yellow flower and oval black berries. Read more in Jekka's blog all about Bay.
- Curry Plant Korma (Helichrysum italicum 'Korma') that has very silver narrow leaves, which are highly aromatic of curry. It has small yellow flowers in summer.
- Luma Glanleam Gold (Luma apiculata 'Glanleam Gold' (v)) which has aromatic, variegated gold/cream/green leaves and pretty small white flowers that are followed by round purple berries.
- Tarentina Myrtle (Myrtus communis subsp. Tarentina) that has small dark green, aromatic leaves with pretty small white flowers that are followed by blue/black berries.
- Bay (Laurus nobilis) leaves are frequently used in the kitchen and can be used with milk dishes as well as in stews and soups. They impart a slightly sharp, peppery, almost bitter taste. Try Jekka’s Bay Ice cream, which goes well with many things from strawberries to chocolate tart or simply on it's own.
Curry Plant Korma (Helichrysum italicum 'Korma') is predominately for structure, scent and colour in your garden.
- Luma Glanleam Gold (Luma apiculata 'Glanleam Gold' (v)), like other Lumas and Myrtles, has edible berries that can be used to make sauces and jams.
- Tarentina Myrtle (Myrtus communis subsp. Tarentina) berries and leaves can be used in cooking or for making the famous liqueur called mirto.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Connoisseurs Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.