Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collection 2 - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Available to buy from Sunday 3rd October 2021.
Herbs are a feast for the senses and both of Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collections are the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of different herbs that will provide some fresh flavour to your garden and kitchen. All the herbs in Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collections are ideal to be grown in pots, either just outside the kitchen door or on your balcony for easy reach as the weather turns.
These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the Autumn, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be after the 11th October.
Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collection 2 contains:
- Creeping Lemon Thyme (Thymus pulegioides 'Kurt'), which is an attractive mat forming Thyme. It has clusters of small pink/purple flowers that covers a dense mat of small, oval, dark green, lemon scented leaves.
- French Parsley (Petroselinum crispum ‘French’) that is a hardy biennial that is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish.
- Lavender Willow Vale (Lavandula 'Willow Vale') that has narrow, short, green grey aromatic leaves with a large flower head topped with purple rabbit-ear bracts.
- Rosemary Haifa (Salvia rosmarinus 'Haifa') that has small pale blue flowers with short, green, needle-shaped, aromatic leaves. Its very prostrate habit makes it virtually flat.
- Creeping Lemon Thyme (Thymus pulegioides 'Kurt') has a gentle, pepper, mint flavour with slightly bitter notes. For a heart-warming snack, try making Jekka’s Herby Sausage Rolls that combines Thyme with Rosemary and Parsley.
- French Parsley (Petroselinum crispum ‘French’) is for flavour not just a garnish. It has lovely clean slightly earthy, peppery flavour that brightens the taste of other foods and herbs. We love Jekka's Version of Panna that is wonderful as a dip or served on oat cakes.
- Lavender Willow Vale (Lavandula 'Willow Vale') has a strong, sometimes overpowering, floral flavour and is extremely good infused in sugar for making cakes, biscuits and puddings. Try Jekka's Lavender Oat Cake Recipe.
- Rosemary Haifa (Salvia rosmarinus 'Haifa') has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. It has many culinary uses including: roast vegetables, meat, especially lamb, casseroles and baked fish. It is also lovely in this fragrant teatime cake recipe where we see it’s pine and floral notes shine through to perfectly compliment the orange; try this Rosemary and Orange Olive Oil Cake.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collection 2 contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.