Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collection 1 - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Available to buy from Sunday 3rd October 2021.
Herbs are a feast for the senses and both of Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collections are the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of different herbs that will provide some fresh flavour to your garden and kitchen. All the herbs in Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collections are ideal to be grown in pots, either just outside the kitchen door or on your balcony for easy reach as the weather turns.
These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the Autumn, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be after the 11th October.
Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collection 1 contains:
- Golden Lemon Thyme (Thymus 'Golden Lemon'), which is a pretty upright bush forming Thyme. It has small, oval, lemon scented, variegated dark green and gold leaves.
- Lavender Bee Happy (Lavandula 'Bee Happy') that is a very attractive lavender with white rabbit-ear bracts and delicate purple flowers. It has narrow, short, green grey aromatic leaves making a small (Ht. 45cm) evergreen shrub.
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) that is a classic hardy biennial herb that is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish.
- Rosemary Sudbury Blue (Salvia rosmarinus 'Sudbury Blue') is a classic upright Rosemary with small pale blue flowers with short, needle shaped, mid-green, highly aromatic leaves.
Along with Jekka’s recipes from Jekka's Cook Book, we have provided some seasonal recipes to try with the herbs in Jekka’s Autumn Essentials Collection at our online herb-based recipe section:
- Golden Lemon Thyme (Thymus 'Golden Lemon') is such a useful herb in the kitchen, the flavour of this thyme is a gentle lemon that compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Try a Thyme, Taleggio and Red Onion Tart for some lovely comfort food.
- Lavender Bee Happy (Lavandula 'Bee Happy'), like other Lavenders, has a strong, sometimes overpowering, floral flavour and is extremely good infused in sugar for making cakes, biscuits and puddings. Try Jekka's Lavender Oat Cake Recipe.
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) is for flavour not just a garnish. It has lovely clean slightly earthy, peppery flavour that brightens the taste of other foods and herbs. We love making Jekka's Pistachio and Feta Herb Dip that works well with many herbs, especially Parsely. Serve as a dip or as a simple meal folded into pasta.
- Rosemary Sudbury Blue (Salvia rosmarinus 'Sudbury Blue') has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. Nothing beats the smell of bread in the kitchen and we can recommend Jekka's Rosemary Herb Spelt Bread.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
There is also ‘Jekka’s Seasonal Tips’ series that covers growing and maintaining herbs in early spring, late spring, summer and autumn & winter. Together they form Jekka’s guide on how to grow herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
For more information on growing herbs plants please see Jekkapedia, Jekka's blog or our FAQs page.
Jekka's Autumn Essentials Collection 1 contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.