Jekka's Autumn Essential Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Available for sale from the 23rd October at 3pm. Sign up to our newsletter to avoid missing out!
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Autumn Essential Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of herbs that will provide some colour and flavour to your garden and kitchen this autumn. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the autumn, and with careful care these herbs will give you flavour to savour through the seasons.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be from the week commencing the 31st October.
Jekka's Autumn Essential Collection contains:
- French Parsley (Petroselinum crispum ‘French’) that is a classic hardy biennial herb that is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish.
- Lovage (Levisticum officinale) that is a hardy herbaceous, upright perennial that can grow up to 2m. It has pinnately divided, strongly aromatic, leaves and small greenish-yellow flowers that form large umbels in summer.
- Orange Scented Thyme (Thymus 'Fragrantissimus') that is a hardy everygreen, upright Thyme that, as its name suggests, is highly aromatic with delicious scent of balsam and oranges. It has small grey-green, leaves with an orange fragrance. It’s pink flowers are highly attractive to bees and other pollinators.
- Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) that is a hardy evergreen, mat forming perennial with aromatic foliage and daisy-like flowerheads. This is low growing (approx. 10-30 cm) and spreads by rhizomes. It is the flowering form of Chamomile, ideal to make herbal infusions but it is not the best to make Chamomile lawns as it will need constant cutting. For lawns, Jekka recommends Chamaemelum nobile 'Treneague', Lawn Chamomile.
- French Parsley (Petroselinum crispum ‘French’) is for flavour not just a garnish. It has lovely clean slightly earthy, peppery flavour that brightens the taste of other foods and herbs. We love making Jekka's Pistachio and Feta Herb Dip that works well with many herbs, especially Parsley. Serve as a dip or as a simple meal folded into pasta.
- Lovage (Levisticum officinale) is an essential member of the culinary herb collection but is often forgotten. The flavour is reminiscent of celery and adds a meaty flavour to food. Older leaves can be used in stews, soups and stocks whilst the younger ones can be used in salads. It was used by the ancient Greeks who chewed the seed to aid digestion and relieve flatulence.
- Orange Scented Thyme (Thymus 'Fragrantissimus') is not only a delightfully aromatic garden herb it is also a useful herb in the kitchen as well. The flavour of thyme is gentle, pepper, mint, with slightly bitter notes. It is a ‘must-have’ in the kitchen and it compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Try a Thyme, Taleggio and Red Onion Tart for some lovely comfort food.
- Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) use the dried or fresh flowers to make a calming herbal infusion. Roman Chamomile makes a slightly bitter infusion that can be sweetened by adding honey. For more information, read Jekka's Guide to Herbal Infusions.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs and Jekka's guide to being a sustainable gardener.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's herb box collections contain:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.