Brassica rapa rubra Chinesis 'Yoshi'
Brassica rapa rubra Chinesis 'Yoshi', Green Pak Choi
Winter/spring Pak Choi with short, spoon shaped green leaves and a tidy, compact habit. Culinary; great in salads or stir-fry dishes.
• Hardiness: H3 (1 to -5C)
• Type: Annual
• Height: 10 cm
• Spread: 30 cm
Green Pak Choi is available to buy online as vegetable herb seeds.
• Soil type: Fertile Loam
• pH: Acid -Neutral pH
• Habit: Clump
• Flowering colour:
• Flowering time:
• Uses: Culinary (Read Jekka's Guide To Culinary Herbs for more information)
• Attracts pollinators: No
• Container suitability: No
• UK native: No
• Caution: N/A
• Indoor Sowing: In early spring, direct into pots, cover with perlite.
• Outdoor Sowing: From mid-spring until mid-summer, into a prepared site, where the soil is rich and lightly shaded. Thin seedlings to 20cm apart.
• Propagation: N/A
• Maintenance: (Read Jekka's Blogs on Early Spring, Late Spring and Autumn maintenance)
• Harvest: N/A
Jekka's "How to Grow Herbs" videos, includes Jekka's video on how to sow seeds for an informative step-by-step guide to seed sowing.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
One of our three core roots is that we are Environmentally Conscious and for the past 30 years all the herbs grown at Jekka’s have been raised following sustainable, environmentally friendly and organic approaches resulting in a remarkable biodiversity at the herb farm.
Our herb seeds are also untreated and can be used to grow organic herb plants.