Jekka’s Essential Gardeners Gift Box
Jekka's Gardeners Gift BoxRegular price £55.00
- How to sow seeds
- About Twool
For the gardener who is looking for the ideal kit to start growing!
Jekka’s Grow at Home Kits are the ideal start into growing your own herbs. This gift box contains one of our popular Grow at Home Kits together with a 0.7L Haws watering can in copper or recyclable plastic available in green or sage.
The joy of gardening can be shared from a young age and this gift box is ideal for not only the seasoned enthusiast but also the young gardener.
Your gift box contains:
- A 0.7L Haws watering can in copper or recyclable plastic available in green or sage.
- 5 fibre pots – environmentally friendly, peat free, biodegradable pots
- Seed compost – Jekka’s hand-made special seedling mix, which is organic (though not certified), vegan and peat free
- Perlite – for covering the seeds
- One Grow At Home Kit from:
- Spring Grow At Home Kit: Pot Marigold, French Parsley, Welsh Onion, Red Orach & Sweet Marjoram.
- Summer Grow At Home Kit: Basil, Dill, Summer Savory, Garlic Chives, Wild Rocket.
- Autumn Grow At Home Kit: Coriander, Jekka's Salad Mix, Chervil, Fennel & Winter Purslane.
- 5 labels – recycled lollypop sticks
- An introductory guide
All our gift boxes include an illustrated gift card and are packed in beautifully designed eco-craft mail order boxes, laid out and ready for you to gift or for us to send direct.
Gift messages can be included on the gift card, please add them in the note section at checkout.
Jekka's essential gardeners gift box contains the following 5 individual packets of culinary herb seeds depending on the herb kit you choose:
Spring Grow At Home Kit:
- Pot Marigold (Calendula officinalis) petals were used by the Romans as the poor man's saffron. It has a slight peppery taste and will add a light tangy flavour to bread and soups as well as scones.
- Parsley (Petroselinum): is a hardy biennial that can be grown in a container. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish. It is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion.
- Welsh Onion (Allium fistulosum): A perennial member of the Onion family and stronger flavoured than the white type, Welsh onion takes up very little space and can be used as both a vegetable and a Herb.
- Red Orach (Atriplex hortensis var. rubra): the attractive dark red leaves can be eaten in salads raw when young or you can cook mature leaves like spinach. Seeds can be used to make bread.
- Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana): very aromatic, pale green, soft, oval leaves with an excellent flavour that combines well with meat, tomatoes and pasta.
Summer Grow At Home Kit:
- Basil (Ocimum): A staple in both Mediterranean kitchens and Asian cuisines. Lovely added to a stir-fry, in salads and pestos.
- Dill (Anethum graveolens): Wonderful culinary herb combining well with vegetables, fish or meat. It is said to improve the appetite and digestion as well as being a natural calmative.
- Summer Savory (Satureja hortensis): known as the bean herb as the leaves are cooked with all forms of beans and pulses.
- Garlic Chives (Allium tuberosum): both the leaves and flowers are edible and have mild garlic flavour making an attractive addition to a potato salad.
- Wild Rocket (Diplotaxis muralis): The strong, peppery flavour of fresh Wild Rocket is phenomenal compared to shop bought rocket and can be added to salads or sandwiches or makes the most delicious pesto.
Autumn Grow At Home Kit:
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum): one of the most used herbs. Both the leaves and ripe seeds are edible and they have two distinct flavours; the seeds are warmly aromatic and the leaves have an earthy pungency.
- Jekka's Salad Herb Mix: one of Jekka's salad mixes to make a tasty "cut and come again" crop.
- Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium): a wonderful culinary herb with light green, feathery, slightly anise flavoured leaves.
- Fennel (Foeniculum): a hardy herbaceous perennial, which works equally as well in ornamental borders as it does as a culinary herb.
- Winter Purslane (Claytonia perfoliata): also known as miner's lettuce, the whole plant is edible it tastes quite like spinach and is full of vitamin C.
Jekka's "How to Grow Herbs" videos, includes Jekka's video on how to sow herb seeds for an informative step-by-step guide to seed sowing. For a hands-on herb experience, where you will learn how to grow herbs, check out our Master Classes.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
For seeds, try Jekka's Seed Club Subscription to regularly receive different sustainable culinary herb seeds for you to try. If you require pots or compost, see Jekka's Herb Kits that includes Jekka's Seed Sowing Kit. This kit contains all you need to sow a collection of herb seeds.
Since 2010 Twool has been developing a range of sustainable British made products using natural, renewable UK resources. Wool is produced in abundance in the UK and is underused.
Twool products are made from rare breed Whiteface Dartmoor wool so promotes and protects one of Britain’s ancient breeds of sheep. The breed are indigenous to Dartmoor and have been grazing the land since Saxon Times.
We love Twool as their wool is collected at source from farmers who practise regenerative agriculture. Good land management promotes the environment and protects birds, insect’s flora and fauna, rotational grazing promotes higher growth rates in grass and increases the organic matter of the soil which in turn captures more carbon.
Twool's commitment to sustainability, social value, British wool & British Heritage manufacturing has resulted in a sustainable range of products made with care and thought for the environment. Change must happen to save our world and small changes collectively can make a huge impact.
We hope you love Twool as much as we do!
Jekka’s homeware and gifts have been produced following our root of being ‘green, environmentally friendly & sustainable’ and as such our suppliers follow and produce products that are ethically sourced and sustainable.
All our homeware and gifts are packed into eco-kraft boxes, which are FSC approved and we have not use any plastic.
For example, our herbal infusions are hand blended in the UK and packed into biodegradable teabags and a sealed natureflex gus, which is renewable plant-based material and is certified home compostable. All the packaging is FSC approved recyclable card board.
Our tea towels, mugs, coasters and placemats are also produced in the UK.
For gifts containing seeds, our herb seeds are untreated and can be used to grow organic herb plants.
Following our root of being ‘green, environmentally friendly and sustainable', we use eco-kraft boxes that are FSC approved and do not use any plastic in the posting of our products.
All our orders are dispatched with a standard delivery note, which includes addresses and items ordered but no prices. We will also include any gift note you have written at check-out.
"I would like to thank the person who packed my box of seeds, it was so carefully sealed with tape in the most exact and neat way I have ever received a packet or parcel! Amazing! They deserve a gold star."
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout. You can collect your orders any weekday between 8:30 am and 4 pm.
Postage, apart from our Culinary Herb Boxes, is by Royal Mail.
Free standard postage in the UK for orders over £75 (inc. VAT).
For orders to be delivered outside the UK, we strongly advise checking with your local customs office prior to placing the order online. Please note, for seed orders, our seeds have UK Plant Passports and carry the information required by the UK’s seed marketing regulations. However, we do not issue phytosanitary (health) certificates (PC).
To track your order, please select the 'Tracked' option at checkout.
For our delivery and returns information please see:
Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.