Jekka’s Essential Gardeners Gift Box
Jekka's Gardeners Gift BoxRegular price £20.00
For the gardener who is looking for the ideal kit to start growing!
Jekka’s Grow at Home Kits are the ideal start into growing your own herbs. This gift box contains one of our popular Grow at Home Kits together with a 0.7L Haws watering can (colour of watering can may differ to image).
The joy of gardening can be shared from a young age and this gift box is ideal for not only the seasoned enthusiast but also the young gardener.
Your gift box contains:
- A 0.7L Haws watering can (colour may differ to image)
- 5 fibre pots – environmentally friendly, peat free, biodegradable pots
- Seed compost – Jekka’s hand-made special seedling mix
- Perlite – for covering the seeds
- 5 packets of seeds: Chervil, Coriander, Jekka’s Mustard Salad Herb Mix, Salad Burnett and Winter Purslane. Our seeds are untreated and can be used to grow organic herb plants
- 5 labels – recycled lollypop sticks
- An introductory guide
All our gift boxes include an illustrated gift card and are packed in eco-craft boxes, laid out and ready for you to gift or for us to send direct.
Gift messages can be included on the gift card, please add them in the note section at checkout.
Jekka's essential gardeners gift box contains the following 5 individual packets of culinary herb seeds:
Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium): flat, light-green, lacy leaves with Parsley like flavours with a hint of anise.
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum): one of the most used herbs. Both the leaves and ripe seeds are edible and they have two distinct flavours; the seeds are warmly aromatic and the leaves have an earthy pungency.
- Jekka's Mustard Salad Herb Mix: a salad with a robust mustard flavour combined with a mild sweet and spicy pepper-like finish.
- Salad Burnett (Sanguisorba minor): one of our few soft leaved hardy evergreen perennials making it a wonderful additional to any herb bed.
- Winter Purslane (Claytonia perfoliata): also known as miner's lettuce, the whole plant is edible it tastes quite like spinach and is full of vitamin C.
Jekka's "How to Grow Herbs" videos, includes Jekka's video on how to sow seeds for an informative step-by-step guide to seed sowing.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
Jekka’s homeware and gifts have been produced following our root of being ‘green, environmentally friendly & sustainable’ and as such our suppliers follow and produce products that are ethically sourced and sustainable.
All our homeware and gifts are packed into eco-kraft boxes, which are FSC approved and we have not use any plastic.
For example, our herbal infusions are hand blended in the UK and packed into biodegradable teabags and a sealed natureflex gus, which is renewable plant-based material and is certified home compostable. All the packaging is FSC approved recyclable card board.
Our tea towels, mugs, coasters and placemats are also produced in the UK.
For gifts containing seeds, our herb seeds are untreated and can be used to grow organic herb plants.