Jekka's Grow At Home Herb Kit
For the gardenRegular price £15.00
Jekka's grow at home herb kit is all you need to start growing and using herbs; just add love and water. Perfect for children and adults alike.
At Jekka's we believe herbs are the most wonderfully diverse and useful plants, coming in all shapes and sizes, textures, colours, perfumes and uses. Not only do they turn a meal into a feast but a simple herb infusion can ease tension and lift the spirits.
We wish everyone to enjoy herbs and have developed this kit as a good starting point. It contains Jekka's special hand-mixed seedling compost as well as 5 packets of our seeds.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
Jekka's grow at home herb kit contains the following 5 individual packets of culinary herb seeds:
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum): One of the most used herbs. Both the leaves and ripe seeds are edible and they have two distinct flavours; the seeds are warmly aromatic and the leaves have an earthy pungency.
Dill (Anethum graveolens): Wonderful culinary herb combining well with vegetables, fish or meat. It is said to improve the appetite and digestion as well as being a natural calmative.
Basil (Ocimum): A staple in the Mediterranean kitchen. Lovely with pizzas, salads, sauces, and pesto.
- Red Frills Mustard (Brassica juncea 'Red Frills'): It has a mild mustard flavour that, combined with its natural crunch, makes a flavoursome addition to a salad.
Wild Rocket (Diplotaxis muralis): The strong, peppery flavour of fresh Wild Rocket is phenomenal compared to shop bought rocket and can be added to salads or sandwiches or makes the most delicious pesto.
Jekka’s grow at home herb kit contains:
- 5 fibre pots – environmentally friendly, peat free, biodegradable pots*;
- Compost – Jekka’s hand-made special seedling mix;
- Perlite – for covering the seeds;
- 5 packets of seeds – our untreated seeds that can be used to grow organic herb plants;
- 5 labels – recycled lollypop sticks;
- An introductory guide
*Fibre pot shape might differ to those in product image.