Jekka's Summer Culinary Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Summer Culinary Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of different herbs that will provide some fresh flavour to your garden and kitchen for the summer bank holiday. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the Summer, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be after the 23rd August.
Jekka's Summer Culinary Collection contains:
- Country Cream Oregano (Origanum vulgare 'Country Cream') has clusters of small tubular pale pink flowers combined with oval, variegated cream and green, aromatic leaves.
- Eau de cologne Mint (Mentha x piperita f. citrata) has clusters of small mauve flowers with dark brown leaves that are tinged with green and, as the name suggests, a distinctive sweet eau de cologne fragrance.
- Rosemary Foxtail (Salvia rosmarinus 'Foxtail') is an upright arching rosemary that has short, dark green, needle shaped leaves with silver underside that makes a very attractive habit.
- Wild Rocket (Diplotaxis tenuifolia) is a hardy perennial, often grown as an annual, with small yellow 4-petalled flowers and green, deeply divided, aromatic leaves.
Along with Jekka’s recipes from Jekka's Cook Book, we have provided some seasonal recipes to try with the herbs in Jekka’s Summer Essentials Collection at our online herb-based recipe section:
- Country Cream Oregano (Origanum vulgare 'Country Cream') has wonderful strong tasting, slightly spicy and pungent leaves. Oregano is an important herb in Italian, Greek and Mexican cooking. As the weather turns colder nothing is more soothing than a tasty bowl of Roast Tomato and Oregano Soup.
- Eau de cologne Mint (Mentha x piperita f. citrata) has lightly peppermint flavoured leaves that are wonderful chopped and scattered over a fruit salad or used in Jekka's Summer Herb Rolls.
- Rosemary Foxtail (Salvia rosmarinus 'Foxtail') has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. Simply infuse a couple of sprigs in water and serve over ice for a refreshing summer drink.
- Wild Rocket (Diplotaxis tenuifolia) has a strong, peppery flavour that, when home grown, is phenomenal compared to shop bought rocket. It can be added to Jekka's Summer Herb Rolls or used to make the most delicious pesto.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
There is also ‘Jekka’s Seasonal Tips’ series that covers growing and maintaining herbs in early spring, late spring, summer and autumn & winter. Together they form Jekka’s guide on how to grow herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
For more information on growing herbs plants please see Jekkapedia, Jekka's blog or our FAQs page.
Jekka's Summer Culinary Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.