Jekka's Spring Salad Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Spring Salad Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of different salad herbs that will provide some fresh flavour to your garden and kitchen. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card that you can try as well as some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots. We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK.
Jekka's Spring Salad Collection contains:
Broad Leaved Sorrel (Rumex acetosa) is a hardy herbaceous perennial with mid-green, lance-shaped leaves that resembles spinach.
- Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium) is a hardy biennial that will spread up to 25cm. It has light green, feathery leaves with tiny white flowers in the 2nd year.
- Japanese Parsley (Cryptotaenia japonica) is a hardy herbaceous perennial, with small white flowers and mid-green leaves with serrated edges.
- Wild Rocket (Diplotaxis tenuifolia) is a hardy perennial, often grown as an annual, with small yellow 4-petalled flowers and green, deeply divided, aromatic leaves.
Broad Leaved Sorrel (Rumex acetosa) is one of the staples of our family. The young leaves can be used in salads and older leaves blanched like spinach. Sorrel makes a wonderful soup and the recipe can be found in Jekka's Cookbook.
- Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium) has flat, light-green, lacy leaves with Parsley like flavours with a hint of anise. It is one of the traditional Fines Herbes and enhances the flavour of chicken, fish, vegetables and salads.
- Japanese Parsley (Cryptotaenia japonica) is commonly cultivated as a vegetable in Japan. All parts of the plant are edible from roots to seed. The flavour is similar celery combined with Parsley, Sorrel, and Coriander.
- Wild Rocket (Diplotaxis tenuifolia) has a strong, peppery flavour that, when home grown, is phenomenal compared to shop bought rocket. It can be added to salads or sandwiches or used to make the most delicious pesto.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Spring Salad Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing added at checkout
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.