Jekka's "Grow On" Kit - 9 cm pots
Jekka's KitRegular price £9.99
- How to grow herbs
Jekka's "grow on" kit is our kit that contains all you need to grow or pot on your herb seedlings. Perfect for children and adults alike.
At Jekka's we believe herbs are the most wonderfully diverse and useful plants, coming in all shapes and sizes, textures, colours, perfumes and uses.
We wish everyone to enjoy herbs and have developed this "grow on" herb kit as a follow-on to our other kits or useful for those who already have seedlings on the go. It contains Jekka's special hand-mixed potting compost as well as pots & labels. Please note: herb plants & seeds sold separately.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
Jekka’s "grow on" kit contains:
- 10 * 9cm plastic free biodegradable pots – made from totally natural plant fibre, environmentally friendly, peat free, biodegradable pots. Completely biodegrades in 9 to 18 months when cracked, broken or planted out. Ideal for organic gardeners. Throw on the compost heap after use or wash and reuse. An excellent alternative to plastic pots.
- 9cm pots have a diameter of approximately 9cm across the top and height 8.5cm
- 1500g Potting Compost – Jekka’s hand-made special potting mix, which is organic (though not certified), vegan and peat free;
- 10 labels – recycled lollypop sticks.
Please see here for Jekka's Grow on Herb Kit with 1 ltr pots.
Please note: herb plants & seeds sold separately.
At Jekka’s we sell herbs in 1 Ltr and 2 Ltr pots. These are established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
There is also ‘Jekka’s Seasonal Tips’ series that covers growing and maintaining herbs in early spring, late spring, summer and autumn & winter. Together they form Jekka’s guide on how to grow herbs. For a hands-on herb experience, where you will learn how to grow herbs, check out our Master Classes.
Our herbs are designed to be grown in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
If you think your herbs need a little more attention we always recommend an environmentally friendly solution, and these are Jekka's top three:
- Maxicrop liquid seaweed: 'Feed on Fridays' as Jekka always says for all round good plant health.
- SB Invigorator: a safe and effective insecticide and fungicide to help control a wide range of pest species
- Epsom salts: the horticultural equivalent of what you put in your bath to top up magnesium and stop orange leaves.
Please note, the compost in Jekka's Kits will have enough natural food for approximately 6 weeks.
Following our root of being ‘green, environmentally friendly and sustainable', we use eco-kraft boxes that are FSC approved and do not use any plastic in the posting of our products.
All our orders are dispatched with a standard delivery note, which includes addresses and items ordered but no prices. We will also include any gift note you have written at check-out.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout. You can collect your orders any weekday between 8:30 am and 4 pm.
Postage, apart from our Culinary Herb Boxes, is by Royal Mail.
Free standard postage in the UK for orders over £75 (inc. VAT).
For orders to be delivered outside the UK, we strongly advise checking with your local customs office prior to placing the order online. Please note, for seed orders, our seeds have UK Plant Passports and carry the information required by the UK’s seed marketing regulations. However, we do not issue phytosanitary (health) certificates (PC).
To track your order, please select the 'Tracked' option at checkout.
For our delivery and returns information please see:
Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.