Jekka's "Grow On" Kit - 1 ltr pots
Jekka's KitRegular price £7.99
Jekka's "grow on" kit is our kit that contains all you need to grow or pot on your herb plants. Perfect for children and adults alike.
At Jekka's we believe herbs are the most wonderfully diverse and useful plants, coming in all shapes and sizes, textures, colours, perfumes and uses.
We wish everyone to enjoy herbs and have developed this "grow on" herb kit as a follow-on to our other kits or useful for those who already have baby herb plants on the go. It contains Jekka's special hand-mixed potting compost as well as pots & labels. Please note: herb plants & seeds sold separately.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
Jekka’s "grow on" kit contains:
- 4 * 1 Ltr plastic free biodegradable pots – made from totally natural plant fibre, environmentally friendly, peat free, biodegradable pots. Completely biodegrades in 9 to 18 months when cracked, broken or planted out. Ideal for organic gardeners. Throw on the compost heap after use or wash and reuse. An excellent alternative to plastic pots.
- 1 Ltr pots have a diameter of approximately 13cm across the top and height 10.5cm
- 1500g Potting Compost – Jekka’s hand-made special potting mix;
- 4 labels – recycled lollypop sticks.
Please note: herb plants & seeds sold separately.
At Jekka’s we sell herbs in 1 Ltr and 2 Ltr pots. These are established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are designed to be grown in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
If you think your herbs need a little more attention we always recommend an environmentally friendly solution, and these are Jekka's top three:
- Maxicrop liquid seaweed: 'Feed on Fridays' as Jekka always says for all round good plant health.
- SB Invigorator: a safe and effective insecticide and fungicide to help control a wide range of pest species
- Epsom salts: the horticultural equivalent of what you put in your bath to top up magnesium and stop orange leaves.