Jekka's Autumn Culinary Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Available for sale from the 23rd October at 3pm. Sign up to our newsletter to avoid missing out!
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Autumn Culinary Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of herbs that will provide some colour and flavour to your garden and kitchen this autumn. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the autumn, and with careful care these herbs will give you flavour to savour through the seasons.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be from the week commencing the 31st October.
Jekka's Autumn Culinary Collection contains:
- Bronze Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare 'Purpureum') that is a hardy herbaceous perennial, which works equally as well in ornamental borders as it does as a culinary herb. From the Apiaceae, carrot, family it has yellow flowers and bronze feathery leaves.
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) that is a classic hardy biennial herb that is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish.
- Salad Burnet (Sanguisorba minor) which is one of the few soft leaved, hardy evergreen perennials making it a wonderful addition to any herb bed. The leaves have a nutty flavour and a slight taste of cucumber. Add to Gin & Tonic as a garnish. Read "All About Salad Burnet" in Jekka's blog.
- Wild Rocket (Diplotaxis tenuifolia) that is a hardy perennial, often grown as an annual, with small yellow 4-petalled flowers and green, deeply divided, aromatic leaves.
- Bronze Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare 'Purpureum') is a wonderful culinary herb where the leaves, flowers and seeds are edible. It is often used as an additional seasoning for fat meats like pork and in stuffings for poultry and lamb. It is also delicious as a salad or vegetable dressing. Jekka’s top tip is to eat the seed in the green for the best aniseed flavour.
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) is for flavour not just a garnish. It has lovely clean slightly earthy, peppery flavour that brightens the taste of other foods and herbs. We love making Jekka's Pistachio and Feta Herb Dip that works well with many herbs, especially Parsley. Serve as a dip or as a simple meal folded into pasta.
- Salad Burnet (Sanguisorba minor) leaves have a bitter yet cooling, cucumber flavour. The leaves can be picked all year round but the best season for harvesting is spring to early autumn. Use young leaves in salads, with egg dishes, with cream or cottage cheese and in drinks.
- Wild Rocket (Diplotaxis tenuifolia) has a strong, peppery flavour that, when home grown, is phenomenal compared to shop bought rocket. It can be added to salads or sandwiches or used to make the most delicious pesto.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs and Jekka's guide to being a sustainable gardener.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's herb box collections contain:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.