Brassica rapa var. japonica
- Available as
- How to sow seeds
Brassica rapa var. japonica , Green Mizuna
• Hardiness: H3 (1 to -5C)
• Type: Frost hardy Annual
• Height: 18cm
• Spread: 18cm
Green Mizuna is available to buy online as herb seeds.
• Soil type: Fertile Loam
• pH: Acid -Neutral pH
• Habit: Clump
• Flowering colour:
• Flowering time:
• Uses: Culinary (Read Jekka's Guide To Culinary Herbs for more information)
• Attracts pollinators: No
• Container suitability: No
• UK native: No
• Caution: N/A
• Indoor Sowing: In spring, into prepared plug trays or pots, cover with perlite.
• Outdoor Sowing: From mid spring and again in early autumn, into a prepared site, where the soil is rich and lightly shaded. Thin seedlings to 20cm apart.
• Maintenance: (See Jekka's Blogs on Early Spring, Late Spring, Summer and Autumn maintenance)
• Harvest: N/A
Jekka's "How to Grow Herbs" videos, includes Jekka's video on how to sow seeds for an informative step-by-step guide to seed sowing.
Growing indoors? Check out Jekka's blog on indoor herb gardening for some advice.
One of our three core roots is that we are Environmentally Conscious and for the past 30 years all the herbs grown at Jekka’s have been raised following sustainable, environmentally friendly and organic approaches resulting in a remarkable biodiversity at the herb farm.
Our herb seeds are also untreated and can be used to grow organic herb plants.