Petroselinum crispum, Parsley
Small creamy white flowers in flat umbels in the summer of the second season. The leaves are bright green, serrated, with variable curly toothed edges and a clean fresh mild flavour. Culinary; the leaves are a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
• Hardiness: H4 (-5 to -10C)
• Type: Biennial
• Height: up to 40cm
• Spread: 30cm
• Soil type: Damp Fertile Loam, Sand
• pH: Universal pH
• Habit: Clump
• Flowering colour: Cream
• Flowering time: Summer
• Uses: Culinary & Medicinal
• Attracts pollinators: No
• Container suitability: Yes
• UK native: No
• Caution: Not to be taken medicinally when pregnant
• Indoor Sowing: In early spring, into prepared plug trays or pots, cover with perlite. Bottom heat, 18°C, aids germination.
• Outdoor Sowing: In late summer, in a damp fertile soil. Thin to 15cm apart.
• Propagation: N/A
• Maintenance: N/A
• Harvest: N/A
Jekka's "How to Grow It" videos, includes Jekka's video on how to sow seeds for an informative step-by-step guide to seed sowing.
One of our three core roots is that we are Environmentally Conscious and for the past 30 years all the herbs grown at Jekka’s have been raised following sustainable, environmentally friendly and organic approaches resulting in a remarkable biodiversity at the herb farm.
Our herb seeds are also untreated and can be used to grow organic herb plants.