Thank you for your interest in our master classes.
Participants will spend the day at Jekka’s and experience our unique setting and the passion we have for herbs.
At Jekka’s we aim to provide a variety of master classes to suit everyone from the amateur to the enthusiast. Our master classes are very hands on and cover a variety of disciplines from art and food to horticulture.
We aim for you to leave with a new understanding and passion for herbs. It is a family affair, our art master classes are taught by Hannah, the food master classes by Alistair and the horticulture master classes by Jekka. For the food and horticulture master classes please feel free to bring your chef knives or secateurs along to be shown how to sharpen them.
We have had a number of wonderful reviews of our courses:
Our master classes are a full day and limited to 12 people to ensure everyone gets the most of the day. Lunch is provided as well as afternoon refreshments of Jekka’s herbal infusions and homemade cake. Please let us know in advance, at least one week before, if you have any dietary requirements.
Master classes are from 10am to 4pm but we ask you to attend by 9.45 to register. All prices include lunch and refreshments. A typical program is:
- 9.45 - Registration and refreshments of coffee, herbal infusions and homemade cake.
- 10.00 - Master Class begins with a hands-on workshop or an informative lecture, such as a lecture on the principals of garden design or cooking herb based treats for lunch.
- 12.30 - Herb based lunch (check out our online recipes).
- 13.30 - A chance to wander around the farm, purchase some plants and let lunch settle.
- 14:00 - Jekka's Herbetum tour where you will learn about the culinary and medicinal properties of herbs followed by a fresh herbal infusion tasting.
- 15:00 - Afternoon hands-on workshop or an informative lecture, such as a practical class on taking cuttings or making herb vinegars to take home.
- 16:00 - Afternoon refreshments, a spot of shopping and close.
The master classes take place in our school and outdoors in Jekka's Herbetum. Please note we are a working farm so please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Due to our varied weather, we would advise bringing waterproofs, warm clothes and/or sun protection just in case.
Ahead of the master class we will send you a confirmation card which contains specific information. Please ensure your order includes the correct postal address and name of the attendee.
If you need accommodation, these hotels are nearby:
- Tortworth court, Wotton-under-Edge*
- Premier Inn Bristol, Alveston (closest to the farm and potentially walk-able, dependent on the weather)
- Thornbury Castle, Thornbury
- Travelodge, Filton, Bristol
*Tortworth Court have provided us with a 15% discount on their best available rate. Please quote CORPJEKB when speaking to their central reservations team, or use the Corporate ID code online JEK001.
For Frequently Asked Questions, our Terms and Conditions and how to Find Us, please see the respective pages. For any additional information please use our contact us page or email us via email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to the farm.
Jekka's Master Class on How to Grow Herbs