Jekka's Winter Essential Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Winter Essential Collection is the ideal gift or treat for your garden and kitchen.
Jekka has selected a range of herbs that will provide some winter colour and flavour to your garden and kitchen. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card that you can try as well as some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for Christmas, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK.
Jekka's Winter Essential Collection contains:
- Common Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) is a ‘must-have’ in the kitchen as it compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Thyme aids digestion, helps break down fatty foods and has strong antiseptic properties that kills harmful bacteria. Thyme is our Herb of the Month for November, read Jekka's Guide for more information.
- French Parsley (Petroselinum crispum ‘French’) is a hardy biennial that can be grown in a container. Jekka advocates using Parsley for flavour not just as a garnish. It is a good source of Vitamins A & C and also aids digestion.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus) is a wonderful culinary herb combining well with meat, tomato sauces, vinegars and oils. Your Rosemary plant will form a lovely bush but remember to prune after flowering to maintain its shape.
- Woolly Lavender (Lavandula lanata) is an attractive perennial herb that is suitable to be grown in both your herb borders and containers. This Lavender has lovely soft, silver grey, aromatic foliage combined with beautiful purple flowers, which can be added to drinks, pastries and puddings. Read Jekka's Blog All About Lavender for more tips.
All herbs at Jekka's are grown for the British climate following organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
Along with Jekka’s recipes from Jekka's Cook Book, we have partnered with Leiths School of Food & Wine to provide some seasonal recipes to try with the herbs in Jekka’s Christmas Collection. Find these online in our herb-based recipe section:
- Common Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) is such a useful herb in the kitchen, the flavour of Thyme is gentle and is a combination of pepper and mint with slightly bitter notes. It is a ‘must-have’ in the kitchen and it compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Looking for a delicious canapé this Christmas? Try this simple recipe for Fig, Goats’ Cheese and Thyme Tartines.
- French Parsley (Petroselinum crispum ‘French’) is for flavour not just a garnish. It has lovely clean slightly earthy, peppery flavour that brightens the taste of other foods and herbs. We love Jekka's Pistachio and Feta Herb Dip and Jekka's Version of Panna that are both wonderful for the festive season as a dip or served on oat cakes.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus) has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. It has many culinary uses including: roast vegetables, meat, especially lamb, casseroles and baked fish. It is also lovely in this fragrant teatime cake recipe where we see it’s pine and floral notes shine through to perfectly compliment the orange; try this Rosemary and Orange Olive Oil Cake.
- Woolly Lavender (Lavandula lanata) has edible flowers that are primarily used for decoration. We would recommend using this Lavender predominately for structure and colour in your garden.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Winter Essential Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on email@example.com for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.