Jekka's Easter Culinary Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Available for sale from the 20th March at 3pm. Sign up to our newsletter to avoid missing out!
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Easter Culinary Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of herbs that will provide some colour and flavour to your garden and kitchen this Easter. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for Easter, and with careful care these herbs will give you flavour to savour through the seasons.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be week commencing the 4th April.
Jekka's Easter Culinary Collection contains:
- Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium) which is a hardy biennial that will spread up to 25cm. It has light green, feathery leaves with tiny white flowers in the 2nd year.
- Lavender Pale Pretender (Lavandula x intermedia 'Pale Pretender') that forms a large elegant lavender bush with long spikes of pale mauve flowers and narrow, grey green, aromatic foliage.
- Red Frills Mustard (Brassica juncea 'Red Frills') that is a delicious annual salad herb with yellow flowers and attractive dark red, narrow indented leaves with a mild mustard flavour.
- Rosemary Prostrate (Salvia rosmarinus Prostratus Group) that grows to 30 cm and will cascade down the side of walls or looks good in a pot. It has short, fine, dark green, needle-shaped, aromatic leaves and a great culinary flavour.
- Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium) has flat, light-green, lacy leaves with Parsley like flavours with a hint of anise. It is one of the traditional Fines Herbes and enhances the flavour of chicken, fish, vegetables and salads.
- Lavender Pale Pretender (Lavandula x intermedia 'Pale Pretender') flowers and leaves can both be used in cooking. Add sparingly to stews and to flavour sugar for use in puddings and baking. Try Jekka’s Lavender Oat Cake Recipe.
- Red Frills Mustard (Brassica juncea 'Red Frills') is a wonderful culinary herb and both the leaves and the flowers are edible. They make a wonderful addition to a salad or sandwich or simply scattered over the top of a pizza. The seeds can also be ground to make mustard.
- Rosemary Prostrate (Salvia rosmarinus Prostratus Group) has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. It has many culinary uses including: roast vegetables, meat, especially lamb, casseroles and baked fish. It is also lovely in this fragrant teatime cake recipe where we see it’s pine and floral notes shine through to perfectly compliment the orange; try this Rosemary and Orange Olive Oil Cake.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka' herb box collections contain:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.