This unctuous, comfort dish with subtle lemony eucalyptus notes of Rosemary is a perfect accompaniment for Easter lamb.
This recipe goes along with the herbs in Jekka's Easter Culinary Collection Herb Box.
- 40g butter
- 3 brown onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g British red potatoes, finely sliced
- 5 fresh Rosemary stalks, 4 finely chopped, 1 broken into sprigs
- 800ml hot vegetable stock
- Fine Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 190c/170c/Gas Mark 5
- Soften the onions and garlic in 25g of butter. Rub half the remaining butter around the sides of an ovenproof dish.
- Starting and finishing with the potatoes, layer the onions and potatoes into the dish. Sprinkle the chopped rosemary between each layer.
- Pour over the stock. Dot the reserved Rosemary sprigs and butter on to the top layer.
- Season with fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and cover with foil.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 45 minutes until brown.
- Serve and enjoy. Goes wonderfully with your Sunday lunch.
Helen is a Leiths Diploma Graduate. She works as a freelance Food Writer and Private Chef. She undertakes recipe development, recipe testing and food styling, specialising in seasonal food with a modern British focus and, as a Private Chef, she creates stylish food for special occasion dinners, canape parties and relaxed get togethers. Her email is: email@example.com