Jekka's Summer Essentials Collection - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb BoxRegular price £30.00
- Jekka's herb box collection
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Summer Essentials Collection is the ideal gift or as a treat for yourself.
Jekka has selected a range of different herbs that will provide some fresh flavour to your garden and kitchen for the summer bank holiday. These herbs can be used in many dishes and we have included a recipe card for you to try as well as there being some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We follow organic principals and use a peat-free compost. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the Summer, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Only for delivery in the UK. Delivery will be after the 23rd August.
Jekka's Summer Essentials Collection contains:
- Curly Mint (Mentha spicata var. crispa) is a vigorous, upright mint with bright green, oval, crinkled, spearmint scented and flavoured leaves. This mint has lilac flowers in summer that are attractive to bees and pollinators.
- Rosemary Stavordale (Salvia rosmarinus 'Stavordale') an upright Rosemary with short, needle shaped, mid green and highly aromatic leaves. Makes a wonderful border or hedge and equally grows well in a container.
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) is a beautiful evergreen perennial from the Lamiaceae family. Sage has highly aromatic, grey, textured leaves.
- Sparkling Bright Thyme (Thymus 'Sparkling Bright') was new to Jekka’s for 2021 and is an attractive, upright Thyme with oval, variegated pale green, white and silver leaves.
- Curly Mint (Mentha spicata var. crispa) is a great culinary herb as the leaves blend really well with summer fruit salads, jellies and cordials. Good for garnishing sweet or savoury dishes and for making a herbal infusion. Read all about Herbal Infusions in Jekka's guide.
- Rosemary Stavordale (Salvia rosmarinus 'Stavordale') has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. It has many culinary uses including: roast vegetables, meat, especially lamb, casseroles and baked fish. It is also lovely in this fragrant teatime cake recipe where we see it’s pine and floral notes shine through to perfectly compliment the orange; try this Rosemary and Orange Olive Oil Cake.
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) has edible flowers and leaves. The leaves can be used with rice, vegetables and meat dishes. As a summer picnic snack, try Jekka’s Herby Sausage Rolls. You can also make a refreshing sage herbal infusion.
- Sparkling Bright Thyme (Thymus 'Sparkling Bright') is such a useful herb in the kitchen, the flavour of thyme is gentle, pepper, mint, with slightly bitter notes making it a ‘must-have’ in the kitchen as it compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Try a Thyme, Taleggio and Red Onion Tart for some lovely comfort food.
At Jekka’s we provide established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs can be grown either in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.
Jekka's Summer Essentials Collection contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere. Our pots are Roadside Recyclable Herb Pots.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more available online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.