Jekka's Autumn Herb Box - 4 * 1 Ltr Herb Plants
Jekka's Herb Box
- Culinary herbs
- How to grow herbs
Herbs are a feast for the senses and Jekka's Autumn Herb box is the ideal gift or treat for your garden and kitchen.
Jekka has selected a range of herbs that will provide flavour to many dishes and we have included a recipe card that you can try as well as some more recipes online in our herb-based recipe section.
All our herbs are grown in the UK and are in the larger 1 Ltr pot (approx. a 13cm diameter). This means they are more established and are grown to survive the British climate. We have included Jekka's guide to growing herbs to give you some helpful tips on caring for your plants and there are some more details in Jekka's blog on growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are not just for the Autumn, and with the proper care, should provide pleasure for several years.
Limited availability. Price includes delivery by courier and only for delivery in the UK.
Jekka's Autumn Herb Box contains:
- Parsley (Petroselinum)
- Sage (Salvia)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus)
- Thyme (Thymus)
All herbs at Jekka's are grown for the British climate following organic principals and use a peat-free compost.
At Jekka’s our herbs established and hardy herb plants that are grown following organic principals and to survive the UK climate. Please read Jekka's blog that contains her top steps to growing on your herbs.
Our herbs are designed to be grown in containers or planted in the garden. Although some herbs will be quite happy indoors, most prefer being outside. Please see our indoor growing blog for more information.For more information on growing herbs plants please see Jekkapedia, Jekka's blog or our FAQs page.
- Parsley (Petroselinum) is for flavour not just a garnish. It has lovely clean slightly earthy, peppery flavour that brightens the taste of other foods and herbs. We love Jekka's Version of Panna and serve it as a starter or snack on oat cakes.
- Sage (Salvia) flavour is quite difficult to describe, it has hints of pine, eucalyptus and citrus with a hint of earth. It is renowned for aiding the the digestion of fatty foods. It has long been used in stuffings and with sausages due to its preservative qualities. Try our Sage and Fennel Sausage Rolls as a tasty treat.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus) has a great culinary flavour that is a combination of pine, eucalyptus, mint, wood and citrus. It has many culinary uses including: roast vegetables, meat, especially lamb, casseroles and baked fish. It is also lovely with tomato sauces, vinegars and oils. A firm favourite at Jekka's Master Classes is Jekka's Rosemary Soda Bread.
- Thyme (Thymus) is such a useful herb in the kitchen, the flavour of thyme is gentle, pepper, mint, with slightly bitter notes it a ‘must-have’ in the kitchen and it compliments many dishes from roast chicken to baked fish. Try a Thyme, Taleggio and Red Onion Tart for some lovely comfort food.
Jekka's Autumn Herb Box contains:
- 4 1 Ltr herb plants. 1 Ltr pots have approx. a 13 cm diameter, these are larger and more established herbs than the typical 8 cm pot you will find elsewhere.
- A "how to grow" guide with some of Jekka's tips on how to care and look after your herbs.
- A culinary recipe for you to try with more online.
The image is only an indication of herbs available and the culinary herb box will vary depending on seasonal availability.
We are not able to take requests for specific herb varieties.
- Delivery - £10 post and packing.
- Only available for delivery in the UK.
- Delivery costs to mainland UK added at checkout (please see our Delivery Information if you happen to reside in an area that is considered to be 'remote' by our couriers).
- Jekka's Herb Boxes are sent separately to other orders.
- If you have included a mobile phone number or email with your order, you will receive a notification when your delivery is about to be sent.
- Please contact us any time on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or queries.
Local pick-up from the herb farm is available, please choose the option at checkout.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.