Mustard leaves have a unique flavour that starts off tasting like new potatoes and ends up being warm and spicy. This flavour is excellent with many vegetables, but Jekka’s favourite is to combine with small French Beans. You can add tuna or anchovies to make it a more complete meal.
- 200 g French beans, top, tailed and halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100 g Red Frills Mustard leaves
- Put the prepared French beans into a pan of boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain and set-aside to cool.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the oil, vinegar and garlic.
- If necessary, wash and dry the Red Frills Mustard leaves.
- Place them in a serving bowl with the cold French beans, toss, add the dressings, toss again and serve.