This recipe goes along with the herbs in Jekka's Winter Collection Herb Boxes.
This fresh, leafy Parsley herb oil will inject delicious flavour and vibrant colour into your celebration dishes, making them something really special. Works with many different culinary herbs.
Ingredients (makes approximately 150 ml oil)
- 25 g bunch of Parsley (or substitute for a different culinary herb)
- 100 – 150 ml of light olive oil
- Blanch the whole Parsley bunch including the stalks in salted boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Put the Parsley into a blender along with the 100 ml of oil.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add more of the remaining oil until you get the level of flavour you want, blending for a few seconds between additions.
- Drain the oil into a bowl through a clean muslin or j-cloth placed in a sieve.
- Don’t press it, or it will go cloudy.
- Store the finished oil in a bottle or jar in the fridge until you are ready to use it. It can be made up to 3 days ahead. Don’t worry if it looks cloudy. This will go when it comes up to room temperature.
- Use drizzled over dishes such as fish, pasta or risottos for an extra hit of leafy deliciousness.