Jekka's Citrus Trilogy Jelly made with Lemon Verbena is a most refreshing dessert especially after a heavy meal. Served with a merigue and edible flowers it is also one of the prettiest.
Jekka's Lemon Verbena & Citrus Trilogy Jelly was featured on Love Your Weekend with Alan Titchmarsh.
- 800 ml water
- 3 tbsp Citrus Trilogy Herbal Infusion
- 2 sprigs of Lemon Verbena
- Juice of 1 Lemon and a strip of lemon zest
- Gelatine for 800 ml (read the instructions on your packet for quantity)
- A few washed blueberries (optional)
- 4 glass presentation bowls
- Put water, Citrus Trilogy Herbal Infusion, Lemon Verbena, lemon juice and zest in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Bring to the boil and remove from the heat. Leave for 10 minutes to infuse.
- Strain off.
- Add the gelatine. If using leaf pre-soak and add to the infused liquid. Alternatively, if using powder sprinkle over the top of the infused liquid.
- Gentle warm and stir to dissolve. Do not boil.
- Pour into your presentation bowls.
- Leave in the fridge to cool and set.
- As it begins to set, add the blueberries if available.
- Serve with meringue or cream.
If you love the sound of this recipe and herb-based cooking check out our Master Classes and other Herb-based recipes.