Anyone that has tried Jekka's editions of 6 O'Clock gin know that fresh herbs infused in gin is delicious. It is also incredibly simple to make your own infusions at home. Jekka's favourites are:
- Red rubin basil (Ocimum basilicum var. purpurascens 'Red Rubin');
- Lemon grass (Cymbopogon flexuosus);
- Jekka's gin - 1 sprig bay (Laurus nobilis), 1 sprig rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), 1 sprig thyme (Thymus vulgaris).
- Get a suitable bottle; ensure it is clean by washing and scalding in boiling water and allowing to cool.
- Fill with gin.
- Add herbs.
- Leave to infuse for a few days on the window sill.
If you love the sounds of this recipe and herb-based cooking check out our Master Classes.