Tea Blending Master Class, Thursday 7th May
Master ClassRegular price £160.00
Ever sat with a lovely cuppa and wondered how the leaves got there and where they came from? Well, Master Tea Blender Alex Probyn can enlighten you.
At our tea blending master class, Alex will take you on an exciting journey through the history of the tea leaf, from the role it played in 17th Century British society to our own modern day trends. You will also learn about the process involved in cultivation and manufacture of tea before tasting a wide selection of teas and herbal infusions from around the world.
Alex will guide you through white tea, green tea, oolong tea, black tea, fruit infusions and herbal infusions - dispelling myths and providing useful tips along the way.
You will also get the chance to get hands-on with blending your own tea using your new-found knowledge and a touch of creativity!
Course details and links to further information:
- Maximum number of participants: 12
- Course duration: 10 am to 4 pm. However, we ask attendees to arrive at 9.45 am for registration and homemade cake. Also, you might not wish to leave exactly on 4 pm if you wish to use the opportunity to browse the collection.
- Details on how to find us can be found here.
- Our terms and conditions can be found here.
If you need accommodation, we can recommend the following:
- Tortworth court, Wotton-under-Edge*
- Alveston House Hotel, Alveston (at the end of our lane and potentially walk-able, dependent on the weather)
- Premier Inn Bristol, Alveston
- Thornbury Castle, Thornbury
*Tortworth Court have provided us with a 15% discount on their best available rate. Please quote CORPJEKB when speaking to their central reservations team, or use the Corporate ID code online JEK001.
We will send out an illustrated card summarising the details of the course upon purchase, if you are purchasing this master class as a gift please ensure you state the name of the attendee on checkout. If you require further information, please do not hesistate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the farm.
We are delighted that our Master Classes have proved to be very popular. To get early notification and avoid missing out please subscribe to the waiting list below.