We are continually monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation carefully and are following the advice and guidelines set by Government. We would like to take this opportunity to update our customers on how Jekka’s is responding.
The health and well-being of both our customers and our team members is our biggest priority and we are continually reviewing our Herb Experiences and Plant Collections.
For our full terms and conditions please see here.
JEKKA'S HERB EXPERIENCES
We are very excited to be able to run Jekka's Herb Experiences. This includes Jekka's HerbFest, Jekka's Master Classes, Group Visits & Open Days.
All visitors will be required to adhere to the Government guidance applicable at the time of their herb experience. The government road map indicates that ‘hands, face and space’ restrictions will continue to be required for the foreseeable future.
In order to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit we have a number of increased precautionary measures and guidelines in place, which includes:
- All visitors are to check in using the NHS track and trace app on arrival at the herb farm.
- All visitors are asked to wear face coverings at all times during their visit, unless they are exempt under Government guidance.
- All visitors will be required to sanitize hands upon arrival at the hygiene station.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 meters from people outside of your household or share your bubble.
- Use the separate entrance and exit points.
- Card transactions only – no cash payments.
Please note: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) you will not be permitted entry to Jekka's.
Please check for any updates or changes before travelling.
Open day coupons
We are running our Open Days & Charity Open Days with a number of increased precautionary measures and guidelines in place as outlined above.
In order to maintain the social distancing requirements and ensure our visitors, the team and the family are safe we are having limited bookable Jekka's Coupons available. We will run our Open Days with Coupons for the foreseeable future. For more details please see here.
In addition to the coupons the following measures are being taken:
- All visitors will be required to adhere to the Government guidance applicable at the time of the Open Day. The government road map indicates that ‘hands, face and space’ restrictions will continue to be required.
- Visitors are asked to provide their booking confirmation number on arrival. You will not be allowed entry without confirmation of your booking.
- Time slots available for booking between 9.30am and 4.00pm. Jekka's closes at 4.00pm.
- You may arrive at any time within your time slot.
Farm Collections are also still available any weekday and can also be arranged for Open Days.Jekka's Master Classes
We have been reviewing Jekka’s Master Classes on an on going basis and we postpone all Master Classes in 2020 to 2021. This includes:
- Jekka’s Introduction to Botanical Screen printing on the 21st March 2020.
- Jekka’s Herb Garden Design on the 28th March 2020.
- Jekka’s Sow It. Grow It. Eat It. on the 18th April 2020.
- Jekka’s How to Grow Herbs on the 25th April 2020.
- Friends of Jekka's Tea Blending Master Class on the 7th May 2020.
- Friends of Jekka's Chocolate Making Master Class on the 28th May 2020.
- Friends of Jekka's “The Alchemy of Food” Master Class on the 18th June 2020.
- Friends of Jekka's Photography Master Class, Thursday 20th August 2020.
- Friends of Jekka's Fermenting Master Class, Thursday 17th September 2020.
We have also rearranged the following 2021 Master Classes to later in the year:
- Jekka’s Introduction to Botanical Screen printing on the 21st March - New Date: 11th September
- Jekka’s Herb Garden Design on the 17th April - New Date: 17th July
- Jekka’s How to Grow Herbs on the 24th April - New Date: 24th July
- Jekka’s How to Use Herbs on the 22nd May - New Date: 14th August
- Friends of Jekka's Chocolate Making Master Class on the 15th May - New Date: 25th September
- Friends of Jekka's “The Alchemy of Food” Master Class on the 19th June - New Date: 18th September
We have contacted all Master Class course participants separately by email with the rescheduled the Master Class dates, which can be seen online here. If you have not received an email please contact us either via email (email@example.com) or telephone (01454-418878).
If you are unable to make that date, we will then offer you a Master Class gift voucher for the full cost of the course. Please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
We thank you for your support at this time.
Café and food at Jekka's
If the café is open at the time of your herb experience, in addition to the measures above and as per the government guidance, these measures will be in place:
- Tables will be limited to groups of 6 people.
- Customers will be required to wear face masks when walking through the cafe area until seated.
- Customers must remain seated while consuming food or drink.
- Customers are asked to maintain social distancing from people outside their group when entering and exiting the cafe.
FARM GATE HERB COLLECTIONS
Jekka’s remains open for the collection of plants and for collections we are in a position to leave plants by the gate so we meet all the social distancing criteria.
ONLINE & MAIL ORDER
For those of you who do not currently want to be out and about, our range of herbal infusions, seeds and gifts, are available online at www.jekkas.com and the farm can be reached via email@example.com or 01454-418878.
In all situations, the well-being of our visitors, customers and our staff is our absolute priority, and we would like to assure you that health and safety has our complete attention. All of our team & employees are fully aware of the current requirements and are undertaking extreme levels of health and safety procedure to ensure the highest possible hygiene standards are maintained, throughout every aspect of our work, which includes our café and farm shop.
We ask our visitors to refer to the guidelines and protocols as suggested by the World Health Organization, and UK public health authorities regarding the virus.
If there are any changes to the current recommendations from the WHO or the Government, we will review and react to their instructions promptly.
We ask you to please check our website for latest status before you visit.
From all at Jekka’s