“The Alchemy of Food” Master Class, Thursday 18th June
Master ClassRegular price £160.00
Throughout the ages spices have held three functions in cooking; medicinal, as preservatives and for seasoning. Through her “Alchemy of Food” masterclass, author and food scientist, Kumud Gandhi, explores the chemical, medicinal and nutritional benefits of the spice cupboard, delving beneath the flavour benefits of herbs and spices to examine their organic qualities to discover the real “reasons to season”.
There is a strong relationship between the chemistry of food and the impact on our human biology and Kumud demonstrates that fantastic flavour profiles and great nutrition need not be mutually exclusive. Taking inspiration from dishes across the globe Kumud will also showcase how to blend spices successfully to get the most out of recipes from both a nutritional and flavour perspective.
Kumud will then guide you through the preparation of a variety of dishes including; butternut squash and chickpea tagine, Lebanese kibbeh and caponata. You will also get hands on creating Kumud’s award winning chilli and fennel spice blend- which is not only a delicious and versatile marinade but packed with herbs and spices that are beneficial to the cardiovascular, immune and digestive systems.
Your new found knowledge will revolutionise the way you cook and use ingredients in the future..
Course details and links to further information:
- Maximum number of participants: 12
- Course duration: 10 am to 4 pm. However, we ask attendees to arrive at 9.45 am for registration and homemade cake. Also, you might not wish to leave exactly on 4 pm if you wish to use the opportunity to browse the collection.
- Details on how to find us can be found here.
- Our terms and conditions can be found here.
If you need accommodation, we can recommend the following:
- Tortworth court, Wotton-under-Edge*
- Alveston House Hotel, Alveston (at the end of our lane and potentially walk-able, dependent on the weather)
- Premier Inn Bristol, Alveston
- Thornbury Castle, Thornbury
*Tortworth Court have provided us with a 15% discount on their best available rate. Please quote CORPJEKB when speaking to their central reservations team, or use the Corporate ID code online JEK001.
We will send out an illustrated card summarising the details of the course upon purchase, if you are purchasing this master class as a gift please ensure you state the name of the attendee on checkout. If you require further information, please do not hesistate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the farm.
We are delighted that our Master Classes have proved to be very popular. To get early notification and avoid missing out please subscribe to the waiting list below.