Tea Blending Master Class
Ever sat with a lovely cuppa and wondered how the leaves got there and where they came from? Well, Master Tea Blender Alex Probyn can enlighten you.
At our tea blending master class, Alex will take you on an exciting journey through the history of the tea leaf, from the role it played in 17th Century British society to our own modern day trends. You will also learn about the process involved in cultivation and manufacture of tea before tasting a wide selection of teas and herbal infusions from around the world.
Alex will guide you through white tea, green tea, oolong tea, black tea, fruit infusions and herbal infusions - dispelling myths and providing useful tips along the way.
You will also get the chance to get hands-on with blending your own tea using your new-found knowledge and a touch of creativity!
Course details and links to further information:
- Friends of Jekka's Master Classes are £160 per person.
- Maximum number of participants: 12
- Course duration: 10 am to 4 pm. However, we ask attendees to arrive at 9.45 am for registration and homemade cake. Also, you might not wish to leave exactly on 4 pm if you wish to use the opportunity to browse the collection.
- More details on our master classes, including accomodation options, can be found here.
- Details on how to find us can be found here.
- Our terms and conditions can be found here.
We will send out an illustrated card summarising the details of the course upon purchase, if you are purchasing this master class as a gift please ensure you state the name of the attendee on checkout. If you require further information, please do not hesistate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the farm.
At Jekka’s we aim to provide a variety of master classes to suit everyone from the amateur to the enthusiast. Our master classes are very hands on and cover a variety of disciplines from art and food to horticulture.
These master class gift vouchers allow the recipient to pick a class of their choosing from a range of different topics. As a gift voucher holder they will be informed of the new class dates before we publish online to ensure that they have a place on the next available class of their choosing.
Please also sign up to our newsletter and follow us on instagram @jekkasherbfarm to keep up to date.
We are delighted that our Master Classes have proved to be very popular. To get early notification and avoid missing out please subscribe to our newsletter.