Fermenting Master Class, Thursday 17th September
Master ClassRegular price £160.00
Walk down the aisles at the supermarket, pop into a cafe or restaurant and you can’t fail to notice the rise in popularity of fermented food.
At our fermenting master class, Mark Diacono will take you through the principles of fermentation, of how and why these foods and drinks have enriched our diets and improved our health for centuries. You’ll discover how fermenting is not only a superb method of preserving, but in effect the results feed us twice by creating more nutrient-dense foods that also populate our gut with beneficial bacteria.
There will be tastings of drinks including kombucha and water kefir, as well as fermented vegetable dishes such as sauerkraut, kimchi, and preserved lemons. You’ll learn how to turn the principles of each fermentation method toward whatever is in season.
You will also get the chance to get hands-on, making at least two ferments to take away with you.
Once you have mastered the principles, you’ll feel skilled and confident in turning them to create your own fermentations.
Instagram: @Mark_Diacono / Twitter: @MarkDiacono / Website: www.otterfarm.co.uk
Course details and links to further information:
- Maximum number of participants: 12
- Course duration: 10 am to 4 pm. However, we ask attendees to arrive at 9.45 am for registration and homemade cake. Also, you might not wish to leave exactly on 4 pm if you wish to use the opportunity to browse the collection.
- Details on how to find us can be found here.
- Our terms and conditions can be found here.
If you need accommodation, we can recommend the following:
- Tortworth court, Wotton-under-Edge*
- Alveston House Hotel, Alveston (at the end of our lane and potentially walk-able, dependent on the weather)
- Premier Inn Bristol, Alveston
- Thornbury Castle, Thornbury
*Tortworth Court have provided us with a 15% discount on their best available rate. Please quote CORPJEKB when speaking to their central reservations team, or use the Corporate ID code online JEK001.
We will send out an illustrated card summarising the details of the course upon purchase, if you are purchasing this master class as a gift please ensure you state the name of the attendee on checkout. If you require further information, please do not hesistate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the farm.
We are delighted that our Master Classes have proved to be very popular. To get early notification and avoid missing out please subscribe to the waiting list below.