Jekka's Open Day E-Tickets- Friday 31st March 2023
Jekka's Herb ExperienceRegular price £5.00
- Tours & Talks
Limited Open Day tickets available to buy for time slots on Friday 31st March 2023. On sale from the 19th February!
Jekka’s Open Days are a wonderful opportunity to explore Jekka's Herbetum, see the development of Jekka's Herb Garden and purchase plants from Jekka's collection of over 400 culinary & medicinal herbs.
We are delighted to have scheduled talks by Jekka as well as Herbetum Tours during the day. Jekka's team will always be on hand to answer all your herb related queries.
Entrance to our Open Days is via tickets to control numbers and ensure everyone has an enjoyable time.
This ticket is for a specific time slot on Friday 31st March 2023. No physical tickets are sent, please bring your order confirmation number on the day.
Please see the following tabs for details on tours & talks, the ticket and T&Cs.
If you would like to arrange a farm collection during the Open Day, please submit your order using our online enquiry form. We will then assemble your order for collection at your booked time.
Jekka will be sharing her award-winning knowledge of growing and looking after herbs in two talks at 11:15 am and 14:45 pm each day. Come and find out some new tips and tricks as well as what is good to grow at this time of year.
We are delighted to be offer our popular Herbetum tours once again. Tours of Jekka's Herbetum were very popular at Jekka's HerbFest and cover the culinary and medicinal usage of herbs. Tours will be held at 10:00 am and 13:15 pm each day.
Tours and talks:
- 10:00 am - Herbetum Tour
- 11:15 am - Jekka McVicar
- 13:15 pm - Herbetum Tour
- 14:45 pm - Jekka McVicar
Please note, you are welcome to purchase multiple time slots if you wish to do both Jekka talk and the Herbetum tour. There is no additional booking required for tours and talks.
- Limited tickets will be available to buy for one and a half hour time slots.
- The time slot is the period of time on the farm, if you require much longer or wish to hear more than one talk, please purchase additional tickets (however, we will not ring a bell or anything to mark the end of the slot, so if you are in the midst of browsing or wish to have a slice of cake that is fine.)
- Tickets are priced at £5 per ticket. No further cost to attend a tour or talk.
- Please bring your order confirmation number on the day. No physical tickets are sent.
- As per previous Open Days, no pets are allowed on the farm.
- No camping onsite and if you require accommodation options, please see a list on our Master Class pages here.
- Details on how to find us can be found here.
- Payment will be by card only.
Terms & conditions:
- A limited number of tickets will be available for each time slot. There are no separate children tickets and we kindly ask you to please avoid bringing children if possible.
- One ticket per visitor but visitors are allowed to purchase ticket for more than one time slot.
- Upon purchase, no tickets will be refunded.
- Visitors are asked to provide their booking confirmation number on arrival. You will not be allowed entry without confirmation of your booking.
- Visitors will be requested to wait in their cars until their allotted time.
- You may arrive at any time within your time slot.
See our full Terms & Conditions.
I wish to stay longer than a time slot?
The time slot is the period of time on the farm, if you require much longer or wish to hear more than one talk, please purchase additional tickets (however, we will not ring a bell or anything to mark the end of the slot, so if you are in the midst of browsing or wish to have a slice of cake that is fine.)
Do I need to book for the talks or tours?
You need to book for the slot that contains the tour or talk you wish to attend.
Please note, you are welcome to purchase multiple time slots if you wish to do both Jekka's talk and the Herbetum tour. There is no additional booking required for tours and talks.
Do I need tickets for children less than 14 years old?
Children aged 14 and under are free but we kindly request you add their name(s) or number to the note section in the booking so we can have an idea of numbers.
I have not received my ticket?
Please do not worry, no physical tickets are sent. Please bring your order confirmation number and identification on the day.
Where can I stay near-by?
If you need accommodation, these hotels are nearby:
- Tortworth court, Wotton-under-Edge*
- Premier Inn Bristol, Alveston (closest to the farm and potentially walk-able, dependent on the weather)
- Thornbury Castle, Thornbury
- Travelodge, Filton, Bristol
*Tortworth Court have provided us with a 15% discount on their best available rate. Please quote CORPJEKB when speaking to their central reservations team, or use the Corporate ID code online JEK001.
Can I bring my dog (or another animal)?
As with our other Herb Experiences, we do not permit dogs (or animals except guide or registered assistance dogs) on the herb farm. There are a number of walks around but this means leaving your dog in the car while you are attending the event.
Please note that currently Emotional Support Dogs are not recognised as Assistance Dogs under UK Law and are therefore not permitted on Jekka's Herb Farm unless they are registered (ADUK or ADI) Assistance Dogs.
How do I get to you?
Please see our ‘How to Find Us’ page for details.
Where is the parking?
Parking is onsite, at Jekka's Herb Farm. Parking is free.
Do you have electric car charging spots?
Currently we do not have electric charging available at Jekka's
Where are accessible parking spots?
These can be next to the main entrance. Please ask the parking wardens or members of Jekka's team for directions.
Is your site accessible for wheelchairs?
We attempt to make the site wheelchair friendly but we are a working farm. We have previously had visitors with wheelchairs and mobility scooters on the farm.
For parking, we have accessible spaces near the main path. Please inform the team on parking on arrival. The paths around the garden are wide enough for wheelchairs and the paths in the herbetum and tunnels are flat covered with mipex (a permeable membrane). There are slopes throughout the farm for access and there is slope access to the café/shop around the back. Please note, the toilet is an ambulant accessible toilet. The car park is covered in a hardcore stone.
Do you have a cafe?
Jekka's cafe will be open serving homemade cake, coffee, tea and herbal infusions. During the summer period we will also have ice cream available.
If you are visiting for the open day and require something more substantial, we can recommend the White Hart, in the village of Littleton-upon-Severn.
Can I bring my own food?
You are not permitted to bring your own food or alcholic beverages into Jekka's Herb Farm. Picnics are not permitted in the car park.
What should I do with my plants when I get them home?
Check out Jekka's "All about Herbs" blogs for more information but in particular, her blog containing her 6 top steps to "Grow On" your herbs or for indoor growing, Jekka's guide to indoor herb gardening.
I have a different question
If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.